1,014 results
All reviewssports bargolf courseafternoon teajunior suitepro shopgolf breakspa hotelswimming poolcourse mealleisure facilitiesround of golfgolf clubsauna and steam roomdressing gownsgreat golfstandard roomrelaxing break
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My Partber has been staying at this hotel for swork, and instead of coming home one weekend, he said I should join him there, and now I know why!
The hotel is lovely in everyway. All staff, bar one receptionist are very pleasant. The room was very spacious, and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is very popular with local golfers, but this does not stop the relaxing feel of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LizardHolmfirth
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I booked 1 night in this hotel for my partners birthday for the weekend so we could relax. We entered the premiere room where champagne on ice and a boxed rose waited. The rooms were perfect and we were more than content watching a movie and drinking champagne on the 6 x 7 foot memory foam topped cloud that was our bed that afternoon. The room was excellant and the bathroom was very accommodating with 2 sinks, large mirror and powerful shower.

We spent only half an hour in the spa getting a back massage. I booked quite late so we could only get that half hour but our booking fee was discounted accordingly. The staff in the restaurant were great, very punctual and polite. Dinner was tasty but the breakfast, oh wow! the best continental I have ever had with freshly cut ham, cheeses and pastries and a full cooked menu you could construct yourself and brought to your table.

A brilliant hotel and will definitely be visiting again, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst on a business trip in Norfolk. Was in room 51.
Wish I could have stayed longer. The hotel, restaurant and staff were excellent. Enjoyed the pool abd steam room, and had a lovely meal in the bar.
Bedroom was very clean and tidy, and I had a wondeful sleep.
Only a couple of minor quibbles:
1. Drinks were overpriced. I think I paid about £4 for a small bottle of water to take to my room (and later realised there was a complimentart bottle in the room already!)
2. Couldn't operate the plug in the bath - the dial to lower/raise the plug didn't work. So after a few minutes in the shower I was standing in about 6" of water.
But apart from that I had a great stay and would definitely return, either on another business trip or for a leisure break.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 51 - clean, tidy and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is our second visit to Barnham Broom with another 3 couples. The rooms have been refurbished and now the decor is a lot more trendy and stylish. We stayed in room 75, with a view of the court yard and the room itself is quite spacious. I am not sure about the reason behind the hospitality try being kept inside the cupboard on the top shelf inside the wardrobe. The top shelf is eye left height for me but my parents would certainly have problems with taking the heavy tray out as it has got the kettle, tea and coffee and cups etc on it. The coffee is freshly ground coffee in foil packages but the coffee press in only big enough for one cup so we could not have coffee at the same time. In the end, I phoned the reception and asked for some simple instant coffee sachets and they were brought up to us.

The other small problem is the shower screen in the bathroom, it is not long enough to touch the top of the bath so is not very effective as a screen as the water just ran down under the screen onto the bathroom floor. But the overall reburbishment had made the rooms look much fresher and smarter.

We had also paid for the evening meal as the year before we were very impressed with the food. Personally I think the food has gone downhill a bit [but this is only my opinion], this year, we have to choose our evening meal during breakfast and I can understand why the chef want us to do this as this probably will help to reduce wastage. However, one's preference might change as the day goes on and it also take away the excitement of being presented with a menu on the night and choose the food.

I didn't have any spa treatment so will not be able to comment on the spa

Room Tip: Room 75 faces the court yard, quite quiet. But is upstair and the stairs are quite narrow if you have a heavy suitcase, might need some help.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Just returned from our second tour to the barnham broom complex. I organised a party of 22, which were a range of handicap from 7 to 28. We had four rounds, two on each course.
Both courses were in exceptional condition, with good fast greens, fairways were well mown and with wide open spaces. The rough was not too long, when was excellent for our type of golfers.
The assistant pro was very helpful, and any queries were very quickly sorted. There is plenty of facilities a driving range, practice area,and nice putting green, the pro shop is well stocked.
The hotel staff were very helpful, very polite, and well organised.
The hotel rooms had been upgraded since we last visited, and they are now very nice, you would have to be very picky to complain. Large smart LCD televisions in each room with wifi, we're a bonus.
The food too was excellent very high class extremely tasty, and as we were a large party, the service was very good and polite.
Overall we had a great time and as we have been touring for many years would rate this as the best yet, nothing to complain about at all, let's be realistice, with a party this size, it would be impossible to get a perfect score, but Barnham Broom came very close .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends