3,491 results
All reviews golf course terrace bar spa break deluxe room lovely grounds steam room four poster leisure facilities play golf night break birthday treat park and ride buffet style short break plenty of parking brasserie restaurant full english
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a one night spa break, with light lunch, breakfast, dinner and treatments included. We were more than happy with everything and we do work in hospitality so we are not easy to please. Food was good, with just two mistakes (toffee pudding was dry and crumbling instead of soaked in sauce and the steak sauce was the commercial one you can buy in any store). The duck breast was amazing and the fillet was cooked to perfection.
Attentive staff and very clean place, even if old în some parts. In the end, cleanliness is what matters.
We will definitely go back.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DavidGraham4, General Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you claudiagY4588TR for your review following your visit to Dunston Hall.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your spa break with us finding the food good, hotel very clean and the staff attentive. The team here all work hard to ensure our guests are looked after and I know will enjoy reading your feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been going to Dunston Hall for many years and still think it’s a lovely place set in beautiful grounds. This visit started with a brilliant check in experience. The lady who served us (Rachel) has got things just right with how she welcomes and checks in guests. Very friendly, very professional but at the same time very genuine. So helpful with booking a table for dinner and recommending taxi firms and even writing down the number. The room was lovely too and we enjoyed a nice swim. We didn’t eat dinner in the restaurant but breakfast was very good. It will be lovely to go back after the planned refurbishment to see what has been done!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you debsearle for your review following your visit to Dunston Hall.

I was delighted to read you still love coming back to the hotel finding your room lovely, breakfast offering very good and the service from Rachel on Reception very friendly and professional. The team here all work hard to ensure our guests are looked after and it is always rewarding when people take the time and trouble to review us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for a meal today with friends. Very pleasantly surprised with the menu and price for the 3-course carvery. Meal experience was also enhanced by the great service - great job Hannah! We will definitely be going again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you X1453WDcb for your review following your visit to Dunston Hall.

I was delighted to read you and your friends enjoyed your time in our Brasserie Restaurant finding our Carvery offering very pleasant with great service from Hannah.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dunston in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are just back from 1 night stay. We came for my fiance birthday treat.
When we arrived at checking the staff were friendly and helpful.Our room wasmt ready as we were a bit early so they stired our bags for us and we went to the terrace bar. Lovely bar staff really looked after us. We had lunch in here too which was lovely.

We had an upgrade on our room to a VIQ room (344). Room was lovely really big. Reception staff had left a birthday message and chocolates for my fiance birthday so that was a really nice touch. So was the nibbles and the wine. Love that there is a Bose blue tooth speaker in the room as well. Well worth the money.

The lilac room.
My partner and I both had a back massage and it was amazing. The girls were lovely on reception and the girls we had to do our massage were lovely too. Such a relaxing atmosphere,Would definitely recommend going to the lilac room if you are staying here.

The swimming pool was a bit disappointing. There were too many children splashing and screaming. We have children and came here for a break from children. This would probably be the only thing I would moan about. We didnt stay in the pool very long as it just wasnt relaxing.

We will be returning later in the year with friends for my birthday.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you 2019vw for your review following your visit to Dunston Hall.

I was pleased to read that on the whole you enjoyed your time with us finding your room really lovely and big along with your Lilac Room treatments and staff also being lovely. The team here all work hard to ensure our guests are looked after and I know will enjoy reading your feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited the restaurant for the first time last night
Place clean and welcoming ,staff very friendly especially our waitress Charlotte ,we had 8 yr old Grandson with us and she went out of her way to allow him time to choose.She has a natural empathy with children.

Unfortunately the temperature of the food let you down .I asked Charlotte to reheat it in the microwave but understand you don’t have one.,but said she could put it under the grill which she did.

The duty manageress came over to say the chef was dishing up
Afresh carvery for me, when it arrived it was a little warmer but It got cold very quickly so more food was wasted.

I would suggest that the hotel invest in a better way of keeping carvery food hot as it’s a waste of my money and worse, a waste of your food.

Many thanks.

Pam Green

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank robertgT7970DY

Thank you robertgT7970DY/Pam for your review following your visit to the hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with food temperature when you dined with us recently. Please be assured your comments will be discussed with my Kitchen Brigade so the point you raised can be addressed. I was however pleased to read that you found your waitress Charlotte to be very friendly and especially good with your grandson.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.