“Very enjoyable”
Review of Dunston Hall

Dunston Hall
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Hi
Yes I went to Dunstan Hall near Norwich at the weekend and found the atmosphere very relaxing and looking out over the views was wonderful. Had afternoon tea and the staff were friendly and a very nice time had by all. I will take the grandchildren next time as I think they will also enjoy the lovely large rooms and gardens.
Where to next I ask myself.
Jilly C

Room Tip: I have stayed here for my anniversary and found the rooms and food very good,clean and very comforta...
2  Thank Jilly C
Catrin_Long, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Jilly C

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Dunston Hall. Great to see you enjoyed your stay with us and i hope you come back with the grandchildren very soon, im sure they will love the grounds.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We have just returned from a short break at this beautiful hotel. On arrival the private drive gives a hint of what is to be found when Dunstan Hall comes into view. Stunning! On entering reception we were greeted by polite and friendly reception staff offering tea & coffee as we checked in. Our room was a standard double and very spacious, it was however very warm and we noticed a slight issue with the bathroom. Within 5 mins of calling reception we had a member of the facilities management rectifying the issue and an air-con unit delivered which sorted the room temperature. Staff here are fantastic! During our stay we used the spa facilities and once again found both facilities and staff perfect. Breakfast is buffet style and more than plentiful, something for all diets and appetites and quality. We loved this hotel and will return. Last point, Norwich City is only a couple of miles away but there is a very good park and ride a few hundred yards from the hotel drive.

2  Thank PhilnSal
Catrin_Long, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Philnsal

Thank you very much for the review of Dunston Hall, im so pleased to see that the team here at the hotel looked after you so well during your stay, i know the team love to read comments like yours.

Its also pleasing to see that the issue with your room as sorted so quickly.

I hope we will see you again at the Hall in the near future.

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I was quite apprehensive about staying after all the bad reviews but then just before I went I saw that there was some good reviews so i was a little less apprehensive. Now upon arriving I was quite impressed and but I did notice that there were a lot of dirty Windows which had cobwebs on them as I was going along to my room. I was surprised with my room. (In a good way)There was just a few issues with my room but nothing majorly wrong firstly the distance from everything for a disabled person is really hard and access isn't easy. There was something on the wall in the bathroom and I don't know what that was and the shower dripped constantly which is really annoying when you're trying to sleep. The bedspread was worn and could do with a couple of stitches but it's still has got life in it yet so it you can still be used. The carpet was not worn but sustained and could benefit from a steam cleaning. Staff where exceptionally friendly apart from one lady on reception would just didn't speak or smile. And the food was good. I do not believe that this hotel is old-fashioned and tired and not good this is an old historical building that is going to look old to a lot of people and the only thing I would say about it is the chambermaids need to clean a bit better and carry a feather duster with them and the carpets throughout the hotel need to be cleaned. Treatments were good . So don't be put off by the reviews and I'm sure that the staff will help if they can this is a vastly huge hotel and they cannot possibly send someone round to check every single room so if there is a problem just let them know and I am sure they will fix it. I will go back to stay again .

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear Buttercupp53

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Dunston Hall, it was good to read that over all you enjoyed your stay with us, a little disappointing to see that some areas of the hotel were not cleaned to the high standard we expect.

I have passed your comments onto the head housekeeper and Front of House Manager for them to look into.

I hope we will see you back at the Hall in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a night with my boyfriend as a treat. The hotel looks amazing in the inside as well as the outside alongside stunning views around the hotel. The room was a good size with a very comfy bed, however the 'king' size bed was just two doubles pushed together which was a bit disappointing. However, that was the only negative, the staff were nice and friendly and the hotel had a very homely feeling!!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Catrin_Long, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear Jamie-leighroehrig

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of Duston Hall, its great to see you both enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope you will be back to see us again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here for a golf break with 7 other guys. What a great hotel. Rooms very good, food the same, staff excellent, across the board. The golf course is a challenge. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a de-luxe room. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 99CEM
Catrin_Long, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear 99Cem

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us, its good to see you had a great time, I hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My son Ashley and his girlfriend had their wedding reception here on 9th August. I really must say, it was well organised and very enjoyable. The staff were brilliant. We used the swimming pool and other facilities, again with lovely staff. I will say though there could be better house keeping in the bedrooms, dried water marking on the bathroom surfaces and dust on window sills. However, my granddaughter aged 11 was very sick and couldn't make it to the toilet in the room. The help we had from the two men staff at 1.30am was brilliant. My other two of four grandchildren were hungry and one of the men sorted out some food and water. We know we did disturb other guests who were not from the wedding party, but we were sorry and it was hard to keep the two children under three from crying as not in familiar surroundings and very hot in the bedrooms without any air conditioning. The fan only put around the already hot air. The breakfast was extremely good and again nothing was too much trouble. But it was still very nice to stay at Dunston Hall with all its history.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear C12jax

Thank you for taking the time to review Dunston Hall. I'm so glad the wedding was fantastic and every one enjoyed it, please pass on my best to the happy couple.

Its great to see the 2 gents from our nights team helped when your granddaughter was unwell, i hope shes ok now.

I hope you will return to Dunston Hall soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We are here right now. On the whole this place has been a real disappointment. The check in receptionist was thoroughly glum! Not a bit of enthusiasm from her at all.
The room is a twin deluxe room. Paying full price....we are still looking for the deluxe part. It is dull. We had no tea bags, no bottled water provided, no bathrobes, no face clothes...just no personal touches at all. The brasserie staff are very nice. The decor and layout are glum! Nothing pretty about it. The food was below average at best.
We have paid £808 for two nights bed and breakfast. Really not worth half of that. The carpets throughout the hotel and including our room need a good scrub.

1  Thank scotsgrunny

Dear Scotsgrunny

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, i was disapointed to see your stay was not up to the standard expected. Please contact me on catrin.long@devere-hotels.com to discuss your stay with me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke Holy Cross
#1 of 1 in Crostwick
The Norfolk Mead Hotel
The Norfolk Mead Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coltishall

Been to Dunston Hall? Share your experiences!