“lovely setting, worth a visit”
Review of Dunston Hall

Dunston Hall
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We enjoyed our stay, great setting.
Good food, good service in Restaurant. clean comfy beds.
good area for exploring

Good facilities

only downside was room service , we ordered sandwiches and drink,but it didn't turn up .
rung through a second time and just had drinks as took to long, so obviously got forgotten.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Catrin_Long, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Chickwsx

Thank you for taking the time to comment after your trip to Dunston Hall, I was pleased to see that you had a great stay and enjoyed the good food and service. I have passed on your comments regarding room service to the Food & Beverage Manager who is looking into these issues.

There are newer reviews for Dunston Hall

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay with my husband and even though we really enjoyed our stay I was disappointed with the internal state of the hotel. Not what I expected from a 4*. The positives are that the grounds are amazing, the golfing facilities are good, the staff very friendly and the food lovely. The negatives are that it looks like the maintenance team who look after the hotel have gone on an extended holiday. Wall paper peeling away, light fixings hanging off the ceilings was very common in most areas and the swimming pool ceiling and walls are in a very poor condition. This surprised me as they should be able to afford to pay for these repairs considering a glass of Pinot Grigio costs £9. I had an refurbished room and yes the sleeping area was lovely but the bath room is very poor and does not look refurbished at all (see pics). If it was reviewed now I doubt it would pass as a 4*

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Nicole T
Catrin_Long, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Nicole T

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, its good to see that on the whole you had a good time with us. if you would like to discuss the points rasied please contact me, my email is catrin.long@devere-hotels.com

Regards

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed along weekend here as part of a large group booking. Beautiful building and surroundings. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and well presented. Breakfast was excellent. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Banksy1234

Thank you for taking the time to comment after your trip to Dunston Hall, Great to read you enjoyed the building and setting as well as the staff being friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

After visiting Dunston Hall and writing my review in February this year, we revisited for my birthday. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay lovely, I am glad we returned, Dunston Hall redeemed themselves. Would love to return another time when we have a celebration and have a romantic night without our children.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and go deluxe.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Holdixon

Thank you for taking the time to comment after your trip to Dunston Hall, It’s really great to see that you had a fab time with us for your special occasion. I will make sure the team get to hear the feedback from yourself on making your stay great.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I just stayed for one night, but was impressed. My room was a good size, very clean and had all the bits and bobs I have come to expect. The room was quiet.
Breakfast was fine - there was a help-yourself buffet with a very good range of hot food and fruity bits, and some very good continental bread.
I had a drink in the bar, which was comfortable and not at all intimidating for a lone female. The staff were friendly but unobtrusive.
The best bit was the pool. It is like the Romans had just left! The decor was all pillars and soft lighting in an underground cavern, with loungers and a jacuzzi and best of all it was the same depth all the way across which I love as I'm not very good at swimming. It was just a lovely place to unwind and get the creaks out after a long drive.
Also, it is much closer to Norwich then I expected, the Park and Ride is just a few minutes away and I got to UEA in about 10 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear WeaselD

Thank you for taking the time to comment after your trip to Dunston Hall, It’s good to see that you enjoyed the service in the bar, the breakfast buffet and of course our pool.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

On arrival, this is an impressive building. Beautiful grounds, short drive from Norwich so easy to get to. The reception area is also lovely, quite grand and the staff were friendly enough. My room on the 2nd floor was a bit musty, decor was tired and it was very warm (it was 'close' outside though). I was there on business so had to leave quite quickly, returning late that evening.

The next day, I noticed the bathroom wasn't clean (dubious looking stains in the toilet, around the sink etc) and the shower hardly worked. I told the person at reception who took it on board and said it would be resolved. On return from my work event, the stain in the toilet had been covered with 'grout' (which was left next to the sink for me to see) but the shower still didn't work.

I had lunch in the bar and the food was good, nice staff, friendly service. I had time in between business to have a facial, and the treatment was really nice. So everything was good, apart from the room! A pity.

Room Tip: Ones that have been renovated?
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Abel

Thank you for taking the time to comment after your trip to Dunston Hall, It’s good to see that you enjoyed the service and food in the bar and also the treatments at the Lilac room.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that the bathroom was not of our normal high standards, I have passed your comments onto our head housekeeper who has taken remedial action to stop this occurring again.

I hope you return to Dunston hall in the near future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Amazing!! Stayed for my birthday, wine in room, 3 course dinner, full use of spa, gorgeous room and lovely friendly staff! Cannot fault this hotel on anything...definitely recommend and will be staying here again very soon, I can't wait!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Rachel D

Thank you for taking the time to comment after your trip to Dunston Hall, It’s good to see that you enjoyed everything about the hotel and its great to see you will be coming back to stay with us soon

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke Holy Cross
#1 of 1 in Coltishall
Cromer Country Club
Cromer Country Club
#2 of 7 in Cromer

Been to Dunston Hall? Share your experiences!