$77
Stracey Hotel(Norwich)
  • Breakfast included
PremierInn.com
2,935 results
All reviewsgolf courseterrace bardeluxe roomspa breakevening meallovely groundsmain barsteam roomleisure facilitiesfour posterplay golfnight breakpark and ridebirthday treatshort breaklovely roombiscuits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We've just returned from a 3 night break at Dunston Hall. Despite it being a beautiful building in lovely surroundings we do not think this hotel is value for money. We paid just over £400 for 3 nights B&B, checked in to a room in the main house, on 3rd floor in the beams, felt dark and gloomy. Bathroom huge but tired around the edges. We felt the hotel in general needed refurbishing as it's very dark throughout. OUR MAIN PROBLEM however was the noise. On the Friday night there was a wedding reception that continued until 1am. As our room was directly above the function rooms we had no sleep at all. Then on the Saturday night there was another function and the music was even louder! At 11pm we asked to be moved, having to pack all our things. The room we moved to was a basic room in a newer wing and the bed was very small and uncomfortable. We may as well have been in a travel lodge. The hotel did discount our stay by £60 and gave us a bottle of wine as compensation but by then our break was already ruined really as we felt so tired. One other thing to note is that we had the carvery on the last night in the Brasserie - it was very poor, the chef was extremely surly and the food was bland, cold and had to be reheated. I'd just like to say that it takes a lot for us to complain, we are not whinging travellers but our expectations were simply not met.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
DGOpsMgr, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor - Feedback of this nature is very important to us at the hotel as without it we cannot improve the service levels that we offer.
I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed elements of your stay with us. In particular I am concerned about the issues you experienced with noise in the hotel. I would be delighted to speak with you in more depth should you wish to do so. I am available at the hotel daily if you would like to e-mail your contact details so I can contact you please do so on david.graham@devere-hotels.com.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope to speak to you in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Arrived at Dunston hall and the check in was swift with attentive staff offering assistance. We stayed in the deluxe wing and the rooms are beautiful. I can now see why so many premiership football teams stay there when playing Norwich city. Huge bed, lovely new tv and spacious bathroom. Our meal in the brasserie was tremendous with a very polite restaurant manager (Jane) and waitress (Natalie). All three courses I could not fault. We also used the swimming pool which was kept tidy and clean with lanes kept for swimming and rest for families.
Overall this was a very nice break and I cannot understand some of the very bad reports on here, I would happily stay again and again - just beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed my personal thanks to both Jane and Natalie for their personal attention. I hope that when you are in the Norwich area again you will consider staying at Dunston Hall.
Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope to speak to see you at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Just spent 3 lovely days at this hotel could not fault anything at all .From the lovely clean well furnished room with nice view to the relaxed atmosphere in the bars and the brasserie. The food was very good with good choices and very friendly attentive waiting staff. We would certainly stay here again.

1  Thank Michael B

Dear Sir / Madam,

I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that when you are in the Norwich area again you will consider staying at Dunston Hall.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Myself and my wife stayed at this hotel for a relaxing night away last weekend, having looked at the reviews on this site I was a little worried about booking but found that this hotel is a little gem.

The service from the staff in the bar and restaurant was excellent, the food was good, we ate in the Brasserie restaurant and ordered from the A La Catre menu, the food came in good time and was excellent, our waitress was a really plesent young lady with lots to say about the hotel and the local area.

Our room was very nice, and had a good view of the golf course, over all a great stay and I would recomend this hotel to any friends and family looking for a get away in the Norfolk area. we will be back at some point in the future when that way again.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I just had to write a review about our perfect stay at this Hotel. The minute we drove down the drive I knew it was going to be a fantastic stay. When we walked into Reception the girls on the desk were smiley and welcoming. We were shown to our gorgeous Deluxe Room - we were upgraded complimentary because it was my partner's birthday. Our room was really luxurious, it had a huge bath and really comfy beds. The room had a patio door out onto a garden - I wish we had brought our dog along! We had dinner in the Brasserie, the food was perfect and the staff were really friendly, they put balloons on the table and made it really special for us. We checked out on Sunday morning and reception was packed with guests leaving, everyone was happy and the staff on reception were so bubbly, what a credit to the hotel. We were allowed to spend the whole day relaxing in the pool and jacuzzi, everything was so clean and well-kept, we ended up staying until really late, enjoying a pimms in the gardens at the back of the Hotel. Thank you for a really breath-takingly good stay, we would recommend you to anyone and I would love to get married at the hotel...someday, its just such a beautiful venue, its just so enchanting and you can just tell the staff love to give the best service they can. Thank you!!

Room Tip: Ask for a Deluxe bedroom - Amazing!