1,369 results
All reviews golf course zest cafe swimming pool lovely hotel main restaurant golf club leisure facilities spa area golf break steam room park and ride two double beds public areas spa treatments four poster no air con evening meal
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Just returned from Spa day given as Christmas present. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Quite busy as it was a weekend and obviously lots of children. Swimming pool not the biggest and felt quite limited as to amount of swimming you could do. Treatment pleasant and professionally delivered.Cream tea was served in actual hotel ( had read reviews of being served in Zest Cafe )We found the scones hard and not very “scone like” had been warmed and only managed to eat one as not too tasty. Obviously not aware of price paid but not very tasty! Large pot of tea came with this-have to say have had better.

Trip type: Traveled with family
sprowstonmanorhotel, Event Executive at Sprowston Manor Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good afternoon yasmindoehols,

Thank you for your feedback.

We will make sure this feedback regarding the afternoon tea is fed back to the chefs.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

I cannot understand how the people that have written positive reviews have stayed at the same place. This place is awful.. from start to finish. The check in experience was dreadful. the guy didn't even tell me my room number, where to go or even a smile. The bedroom smelt terrible of damp and must. The tiles in the changing rooms were all broken and the pool area absolutely filthy. The restaurant and bar were ridiculous price.. £13.50 for Gordons G&T ? and the food was frozen from iceland microwave food that just looked and tasted awful. The service was terrible and if you try to complain you get told "No-one else has complained about the starter tonight so we refuse to refund you anything" The staff are all hugely disengaged and some were even actively telling guests how awful if it is to work there. Sounds like a command and control culture and for the extortionate price of over £100 per room with no breakfast ... I just have no idea how this place will continue to survive until drastic measures are taken.

Room tip: do not book here at all
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ruthemorris

Good afternoon ruthemorris,

Thank you for your feedback.

We will make sure this is passed on to all relevant departments so this does not happen again.

Reviewed April 6, 2019

Would like to say that the staff at Sprowston Manor efficiently and professionally addressed the issues I had during my stay. They Didn't !! They Didn't have to as there were no issues at all.

Absolutely first class stay. Stayed here for 8 nights and throughout my stay my room was kept lovely and clean and tidy and bed linen changed at least twice. On arrival my room was clean, tidy ready for me. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've had and quality food and service in the restaurant.

Cannot fault in any way and will definitely be staying here on my next trip to Norwich.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Good afternoon SteveO1306,

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate that you have shared this positive feedback with us and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful 60th anniversary dinner. Food was great and service was faultless. Rachel and her team were superb looking after us and ensuring that our parents had a 60th wedding anniversary that they will never forget. Thank you.

Trip type: Traveled with family
sprowstonmanorhotel, Event Executive at Sprowston Manor Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Hi adrianhammond,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a good time.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2019

I have been recently on two seperate occasions once’s with my partner to stay and with a friend for afternoon tea.
With the stay the room was very large with a comfortable bed and everything we needed. The food was edible but not great in the eve and breakfast the food was quite cold. I didnt feel the restaurant had a whole lot of atmosphere.

The afternoon tea was quite disappointing and bland and I think most of the cakes seemed like they were brought in and the sandwiches were quite dull. The staff were quite present though although I do agree it should be served in the hotel itself and not the cafe. Unfortunately I think the swimming area is a little shabby and in need of a little care as do the changing rooms. It was also very cold even the jacuzzi was cold and on a spa day this isn’t good.

I think it has potential but needs a lot of improvement.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Discover823839, Event Executive at Sprowston Manor Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

We are happy to hear your stay was good. I am sorry to hear your afternoon tea was disappointing, we will work to make sure this is resolved.

All feedback will be given to the relevant departments.