1,373 results
All reviews golf course zest cafe swimming pool lovely hotel main restaurant golf club leisure facilities spa area golf break steam room park and ride two double beds public areas spa treatments four poster no air con evening meal
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful 60th anniversary dinner. Food was great and service was faultless. Rachel and her team were superb looking after us and ensuring that our parents had a 60th wedding anniversary that they will never forget. Thank you.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
sprowstonmanorhotel, Event Executive at Sprowston Manor Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Hi adrianhammond,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a good time.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2019

I have been recently on two seperate occasions once’s with my partner to stay and with a friend for afternoon tea.
With the stay the room was very large with a comfortable bed and everything we needed. The food was edible but not great in the eve and breakfast the food was quite cold. I didnt feel the restaurant had a whole lot of atmosphere.

The afternoon tea was quite disappointing and bland and I think most of the cakes seemed like they were brought in and the sandwiches were quite dull. The staff were quite present though although I do agree it should be served in the hotel itself and not the cafe. Unfortunately I think the swimming area is a little shabby and in need of a little care as do the changing rooms. It was also very cold even the jacuzzi was cold and on a spa day this isn’t good.

I think it has potential but needs a lot of improvement.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Discover823839, Event Executive at Sprowston Manor Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

We are happy to hear your stay was good. I am sorry to hear your afternoon tea was disappointing, we will work to make sure this is resolved.

All feedback will be given to the relevant departments.

Reviewed April 3, 2019

We stayed overnight at this hotel on the outskirts of Norwich. The hotel was very comfortable with a lovely pool and spar. The golf course was in great condition and quite challenging. The only criticism was the golf club house service was questionable and we did not feel well served.

The hotel food was good and the early morning breakfast was excellent. The staff very friendly and welcoming.

We will definitely be staying there again

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry that the golf club house service was questionable, I will pass this onto golf.

We are glad you had a good stay with us at Sprowston. We hope you return in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2019

Very attractive room, pool so we decided to eat in instead of looking for a restaurant locally. Very bad move. I ordered a ribeye medium rare which came raw with a blanched exterior. Sent it back. Instead of staring again the "Chef" put it back on the grill and to my surprise it came back perfectly cooked medium rare showing just how raw the first attempt was. However the chips were replaced and they too were just way undercooked. The potato was really hard in the middle and they looked really white and undercooked. two of the adjacent tables also complained about the chips as well. I asked for a separate fresh portion of chips and they duly arrived as undercooked as before. Of course by now the mushrooms had gone cold but at this point I decided to give up and eat some of what was there. My partner's fish pie was lamentable with tiny flakes of fish and an overbearing cream presence. Her broccoli was hard and undercooked and the Tartare sauce was a creamy nothing.The good news was the carrots were OK.
I have to say the service from the staff was excellent. The lady in charge, I think her name was Rachael, was very professional and was genuinely interested in listening to my views. However she doesn't do the cooking so is powerless to improve the experience.
Having already paid for breakfast the following morning I then had a cooked buffet as the cold meats looked like Tesco's value range. Lukewarm baked beans, ultra crispy dried up potato cakes, dried up overcooked bacon and dried up tinned/ frozen mushrooms.
Lovely Hotel staffed by friendly people let down by very second rate food.

1  Thank Surreycritic123
Reviewed March 31, 2019

Having booked afternoon tea for Mother's Day over the telephone and being told it would include a welcome glass of fizz our experiene was any thing but welcoming. Arriving at the restaurant a member of staff seemed genuinely delighted to tell me that we were in the wrong place as they weren't doing afternoon teas until the next day in the main building and we would have to got to the Zest Cafe in the grounds. This proved a difficult walk for my mother; I had chosen the hotel because pf the proximity of the restaurant to the car park. We were directed to a table and upon inquiry told there was no fiz and no tea menu. We were given a small pot of tea to share between 3 with two bags in the pot and it was very cheap tasting. After half an hour no food had appeared even though the place was quite empty so we decided to leave. Very disappointing. We tried a few other places but they were all fully booked so returned home not having been able to treat my mother and daughter at all.

• Trip type: Traveled with family