“the spa is less than impressive”

Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sprowston
Reviewed April 15, 2014

my daughter and i treated ourselves to a day spa to relax before new job, and her degree finals. So our experience included an overcrowded swimming pool, dirty changing rooms, a lack of lockers, a manicure that had to be re-done the worst we have ever had, my pedicure toe paint already chipped the next day, relaxing room with no drinks or reading materials, dirty windows, and screaming kids running up and down the corridor in the so called relaxation rooms. I have been to Sprowston spa a number of times and each time it has got worse...sorry wont be going again. overpriced, badly trained beauticians and awful cleanliness.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank anna g
Salvatore_longo, Manager at Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Anna,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on Trip advisor
Firstly I would like to apologise for your experience at La Fontana Spa. I am sorry that your spa day was not as relaxing as you would have expected, especially as it was a treat before your daughter started her new job and finished her finals. All of our therapists are fully trained and they each have additional training prior to starting here at Sprowston Manor. I can only apologise for your daughters initial paint and I hope that her re-paint in the afternoon was to your satisfaction and to the standard we hold our therapists to. It is very unusual that your toe paint has chipped the very next day as the Jessica polish is more of a lacquer and does maintain results for approximately 2 weeks. I hope that you will return to La Fontana Spa so we can reinstall confidence that we are a professional spa and offer our guests the relaxation they deserve. As a hotel spa we are family friendly and children are welcome to use the leisure facilities, we become increasingly busy during school holidays however I would be happy to discuss our quieter and adult only times with you should you wish to rebook.

Kind Regards
Lucy Green
Health & Beauty Manager

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed here for one night on business. The welcome I received at check in was genuine and informative, and all details of the wealth of facilities were explained well. My room had a beautiful view of the golf course with a wealth of wildlife too. The room had a large king bed and a well-equipped bathroom with good quality toiletries. The room service dinner arrived within the stated time and was of. Wry good quality. Breakfast was also very good with a wide range of food and beverages. Checkout was equally professional. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank John D
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband, our 3 year old daughter and I stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night. Great rooms, swimming pool and breakfast. Everywhere was exceptionally clean and all the staff were friendly and so very polite at all times. Only slight down side was the food in the Zest bar. Expensive for very mediocre food quality. All in all a great few days and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Theabo
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Had a one night stay with 3 other couples for a golf/spa weekend which was lovely. My husband was taken ill in the dining room just after we had ordered dinner (he passed out on the floor). The staff were fantastic they couldn't have been more helpful. The front of House Manager and the First Aider were superb. We would both like to thank them and the restaurant staff for all their help in what was a very awkward situation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rjb1962
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Sprowston manor hotel for 4 nights .
The staff were very friendly , the rooms were pleasant , the leisure facilities were ok & I must say I found the food rather disappointing .
My package was 4 nights including Wi-Fi and to my disappointment on check out there was 4 nights Wi-Fi at an incredible rate of £15.95 per night . When I explained to the young lady at reception that this was included in my rate she would not accept this fact until I produced an e-mail to back up my case then she grudging accepted explanation but alas without any apology .
I do not know if this is a regular Marriot scam or just a Sprowston manor scam .
Sufficient to say I will not be returning

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lonelystarAberdeen
Andrew D, General Manager at Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read your comments with regards to the friendliness of the team and the room you received during your stay. I am sorry to read of your disappointment with the food and also the confusion relating to your package inclusions and I would also like to apologise for the way in which my team has handled this situation. It troubles me to read your comments of Sprowston Manor and or Marriott scamming our guests and if we have made an error I would like to correct this for you.

A private message has been sent to you in the hope to obtain further information relating to your recent visit and attempt to correct any error that has occurred.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review and I hope to hear from you shortly.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This our second visit to this hotel, the first time last September for a function but had no time to enjoy the amenities so decided to revisit and try again. My husband upgraded the room to a four poster suite which was to die for, huge bed, lovely big bath and very clean. Staff are all very friendly and willing to help with anything required. The restaurant is not cheap but then you find this with most hotels. Breakfast was included and the range of food was ample and very nice. The pool was very inviting and the same depth throughout, the spa was lovely and very relaxing I found it hard to get out! If you like saunas and steam rooms then you have them there too. All in all a lovely hotel, very close to the Norfolk Broads and local towns. I wouldn't hesitate in returning although would always want the upgrade of room as it was so nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Room had no through air even with window open and no aircon and it was so hot that we could hardly sleep. Fan provided made little difference either.
Restaurant meal was just average, although breakfast buffet nice.
Nice pool but over heated and terribly busy.
Great location by park and ride to Norwich. Lovely setting. Staff helpful and friendly.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Davina M, PA to General Manager at Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor and we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Sprowston Manor.
We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast in our 1559 Restaurant and also thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff here at the hotel.
At the same time I regret to hear that your meal in the restaurant was not to your expectation and are continually striving to improve.
We also regret that you felt your room was too hot on this particular evening and we have noted your comments.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back to the Sprowston Manor in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sprowston
Dunston Hall
#1 of 1 in Crostwick
Cromer Country Club
Cromer Country Club
#1 of 7 in Cromer

Been to Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!