“Lovely place but check your bill carefully”

Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sprowston
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Sprowston manor hotel for 4 nights .
The staff were very friendly , the rooms were pleasant , the leisure facilities were ok & I must say I found the food rather disappointing .
My package was 4 nights including Wi-Fi and to my disappointment on check out there was 4 nights Wi-Fi at an incredible rate of £15.95 per night . When I explained to the young lady at reception that this was included in my rate she would not accept this fact until I produced an e-mail to back up my case then she grudging accepted explanation but alas without any apology .
I do not know if this is a regular Marriot scam or just a Sprowston manor scam .
Sufficient to say I will not be returning

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lonelystarAberdeen
Andrew D, General Manager at Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read your comments with regards to the friendliness of the team and the room you received during your stay. I am sorry to read of your disappointment with the food and also the confusion relating to your package inclusions and I would also like to apologise for the way in which my team has handled this situation. It troubles me to read your comments of Sprowston Manor and or Marriott scamming our guests and if we have made an error I would like to correct this for you.

A private message has been sent to you in the hope to obtain further information relating to your recent visit and attempt to correct any error that has occurred.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review and I hope to hear from you shortly.

There are newer reviews for Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This our second visit to this hotel, the first time last September for a function but had no time to enjoy the amenities so decided to revisit and try again. My husband upgraded the room to a four poster suite which was to die for, huge bed, lovely big bath and very clean. Staff are all very friendly and willing to help with anything required. The restaurant is not cheap but then you find this with most hotels. Breakfast was included and the range of food was ample and very nice. The pool was very inviting and the same depth throughout, the spa was lovely and very relaxing I found it hard to get out! If you like saunas and steam rooms then you have them there too. All in all a lovely hotel, very close to the Norfolk Broads and local towns. I wouldn't hesitate in returning although would always want the upgrade of room as it was so nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Room had no through air even with window open and no aircon and it was so hot that we could hardly sleep. Fan provided made little difference either.
Restaurant meal was just average, although breakfast buffet nice.
Nice pool but over heated and terribly busy.
Great location by park and ride to Norwich. Lovely setting. Staff helpful and friendly.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Davina M, PA to General Manager at Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor and we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Sprowston Manor.
We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast in our 1559 Restaurant and also thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff here at the hotel.
At the same time I regret to hear that your meal in the restaurant was not to your expectation and are continually striving to improve.
We also regret that you felt your room was too hot on this particular evening and we have noted your comments.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back to the Sprowston Manor in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I arrived here after a very, very long and tough day - partially why I made sure to stay here. Am familiar with both Marriott and their out-of-town properties - this is very typical but does not disappoint at all.

Was already surprised at how welcoming the (late-night) reception staff were. Loved the room - but was mostly impressed by the staff. Had a very late dinner in the bar area - we arrived fairly close to last orders but there was never even the hint of trying to rush us. We all enjoyed our meals and it was just nice to feel pampered at the end of that day.

Breakfast was very good and I did use the gym - which is much more of a large health club with a nice pool that hotel guests can also use.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a reasonably nice hotel set in a very pleasant grounds, rooms, cleanliness, parking, facilities and everything else are quite good. The real problem comes with the food in the dining. Breakfast is fine, no issues there. Dinner is a different story however, the food is very variable and sometimes not too nice

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 12, 2014

There is a picture of Mr Marriott senior and junior by the stairs. It does make you feel that the hotel chain is more of a family business than a faceless corporation. The staff also give this impression. Every member we met, greeted us with a hallo at least - simple but appreciated. The persons behind the reception desk, behind the bar, in the restaurant and in the spa were all very friendly. The waiter at dinner asked if we had enjoyed our spa: he was the same man who had brought us lunch by the poolside and he remembered us by name - nice touch.
I don't know if this hotel has been refurbished recently but the finish was to a high standard. Too many hotels of my acquaintance look worn and tired after the first glance but Sprowston Manor was very spruce. Our spa treatments were brilliant and the evening meal was superb. Minor touches like the double shower curtain (so it doesn't stick to the bather) make all the difference in large hotels.
If I had to find fault, we could have done with coat hooks in the bedroom (an empty space next to the wardrobe just cried out for such) and a toilet brush (maybe it had been stolen?). I have had comfier beds and when awake I could hear a water tank refilling via a ball-cock but I'm picking now.

Room Tip: Don't go for the top floor as I could hear plant running on the roof.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed here while travelling on business on a Sunday and found the hotel brilliant. The receptionist at check-in was absolutely lovely and I spent a good 10 minutes generally chatting about nothing, which was a refreshing after spending 10 hours in the car alone!!! The facilities were clearly explained and I was directed to my room whch had a lovely view over the edges of the adjacent golf course. The room was clean and airy and had all the facilities you would expect for an overnight stay. Dinner in the restaurant was fantastic, the food was exceptional and the service was friendly and attentive without being overpowering and I was left to chill with a glass of wine and my book after I had finished my meal. Breakfast was a fantastic spread with a bit of something for everyone and again, attentive service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sprowston
Dunston Hall
Cromer Country Club
Cromer Country Club
#2 of 7 in Cromer
Holiday Inn Norwich City

Been to Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!