“OK but nothing special”

Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sprowston
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Well located with a nice golf course. Bedroom was satisfactory, but the mattress was hard and lumpy. The hotel is a major venue for weddings at this time of year, but they do a good job of protecting the residents from noisy party goers. If you can't get into the main restaurant for dinner, which we couldn't, you have to walk outside to the golf club where the food is of a much lower quality, but friendly service.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cqsj1014

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have been staying at various Marriott properties and the Sprowston Manor property is by far the worst one. I have stayed there six times this year, and in about half of my stays there I experienced some hospitality problem: the room is not ready at check-in, the room service food quality is unacceptable, and, recently, unreasonable requests to provide documentation (which was not asked before). When the problem is escalated to the management, it is quickly rectified; however, the issue is that the problems occur with very high frequency. The recommendation to the management is to hire a reputable hospitality consulting firm and send all front-desk staff for refresher hospitality training.

Room Tip: Get a suite upgrade
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2013

It's rare for me to find a place which ticks all the boxes - but this one did. Good location, quiet despite being a very busy weekend for the hotel, good facilities (swimming pool was large by usual hotel standards), attentive staff - all set in the beautiful background on a country park but only about 10 min drive from the centre of Norwich.
Breakfast was extensive and tasty. I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

After a long, hot day at BeWILDerwood it was wonderful to arrive at Sprowston Manor! My husband and I stayed for one night with our two little grandchildren and we all had a wonderful time, so much so my husband is going to take me back there so I can book in for some spa treatments! The room was lovely - very comfortable and had everything we needed. The pool is wonderful - space for children and a separate section for adults to swim lengths, a baby splash pool, a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room and comfortable looking loungers too! Fabulous! We ate in the restaurant and the children were treated like a little prince and princess by the staff. The food was delicious - I had the lamb and hubby had steak. The children had the burgers but unfortunately had overdosed on the delicious hot bread rolls and shaped flower-shape butter pats! The buffet breakfast was delicious too! We will definitely come back together for some 'grown up time'!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

my husband and i stayed here for one night, with our two children 3 year old & 5 month old. As you drive up, the hotel it's self and surroundings look fabulous,this continues into the hotel & with the staff. The pool & spa area was wonderful, i loved the fact it was family friendly! My 3 year old loved the pool! Rooms were nice and spacious, we had a queen bed with cot & still room for my daughter to play on the floor. Breakfast was amazing so much to chose from even for a fussy 3 year old. Staff were very helpful from the reception, in the spa & at breakfast. If I had to really picky my only complaints would be that we had a buggy & room was on the second floor (not lift acessable)which was up 1/2 a dozen stairs so we had to keep lifting buggy up & down (but really not a problem for a 1 night stay)! Also a wedding was taking place & you could here the music into the night ok if it was my husband and I, but with 2 little ones was a little noisy

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The bedroom was excellent - clean,large comfortable even in the hot weather - our room did not have air conditioning but luckily the room got no sun during the day! We were given towelling bathrobes in our bedroom but no water/fruit - all cost extra. No free wifi in the bedrooms - costs ( I think £6.50 an hour or £15 daily.) There is also no mobile phone signal in bedrooms so you find everyone outside front entrance using their phones.

The pool was lovely however during the day it has swimming classes for young children and when we went during the evening there were aqua aerobic classes- I went for a quiet swim!

The restaurant was good- we ate there once- very attentive service. Breakfast was good except the hot selection is buffet style and tasted like it had been cooked hours ago.

Enjoyed our trip,played some golf but it felt like a hotel set up for the business person.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for 1 night for our anniversary. The room was lovely and clean, great leisure facilities, and friendly staff. The only real downside was our evening meal which was terrible. I had crab cakes which was 1 cake with a tiny bit of chilli jam (9.50) it really didn't taste fresh I asked if it was fresh and was told it was made yesterday, the food that followed also tasted like it was made a few days ago and was similarly expensive. We left and had desert at a pub down the road. I was hugely disappointed as we had high expectations based on the rest of our great experience at the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sprowston
Maids Head Hotel
Barnham Broom
Barnham Broom
#1 of 1 in Barnham Broom
Holiday Inn Norwich City

Been to Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!