“lovely stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sprowston
Bolton
“lovely stay”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with our stay here - fabulous staff on the reception, who kindly moved me from an adjoining room on arrival ( having read poor reviews re adjoining rooms !)
The room was well appointed , with good sized bathrooms.We ate in the hotel restaurant in the evening, and the food was lovely, so was the wine :)
We were woken at 5 am with the fire alarm, and spent half an hour outside on a frosty night waiting for the 2 fire engines ! Someone did bring out some blankets for the old people stood outside in their cotton dressing gowns.
We didn't eat breakfast here, so can't comment on that - but I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank suziejellybaby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Banchory, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was a business trip for me and a wee golf break for hubbie. Have stayed here a few times now must say it had improved from a food and service level since last stay. Our room was fabulous , beds very comfortable , but very annoying that when the room is very hot you are unable to open the windows fully. We had dinner on one night which was very good and the staff were very attentive and professional. Still think the restaurant lighting is bad , would not have felt it was romantic enought for a romantic break. Breakfast is a buffet with excellent choice and the lady was kind enough to ask me if I required another pot of tea as she thought the one she had given me may have been stewed - it was and she replaced it . Yes there are a lot of coach trippers in this hotel , but you just have to get over that . The pool area is nice and so is the steam and sauna . However if it was busy it would be too small.

Room Tip: As for an upgrade to suite if they have it , or splash out !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HOTELINSPECTORABZ
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a romantic weekend away. The hotel is set in very pretty surroundings and is full of character.

The spa / pool area although quite small is certainly adequate and was not very full so this wasn't an issue. We had the pleasurable experience of having our room upgraded free of charge to a suite. This was amazingly impressive. The bed was very comfortable and there was a separate seating area with a sofa and 2 arm chairs which was lovely.

I would definitely consider upgrading in the future as the room was amazing.

The restaurant and bar area was very relaxing and we enjoyed a lovely meal in the evening and some nice bar snacks at lunchtime. the bar prices were quite high but you tend to expect this at a hotel of this standing.

My only minor gripe was that a couple of the staff memebers seemed very poorly trained and not very interested in "going the extra mile" for the customer. This is a marriott hotel not a premier inn so I would expect perfect customer service.

All in all a wonderful hotel and one I would recommend if you are in the area.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for a suite. They are amazing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Red-Devil07
Aberdeen
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I must disagree with earlier review re the spa. My daughter and I were booked for two one hour treatments and we both really could not find fault.

I have had treatments in hotels here and abroad and I would not say it was the best but it rated very high. I had a very bad one recently and if the reviewer thought the Marriott rooms shabby she should have gone to the one I was at.

We found the rooms adequate and the bed were lovely and warm with electric blankets ( a must for these cold days) and our treatments were not rushed they were the full hour. The facial I had was one of the best I have had. I am getting on in years and look for good service and will complement when I receive this.

We had lunch in the cafe and this was maybe a bit slow in service but the staff could not have been nicer.

The spa at the Marriott was everything I would expect and more. Give it a go

One point we did not use the pool area but from what I saw it is no different from most hotels in size including the Jacuzzi.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was expecting a day of pampering and relaxation, what a joke for a spa, it is a very small pool with a Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna on the side. Treatment rooms are shabby and the treatments given were rushed. The restaurant is overpriced and service slow. Avoid!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank IamJane
Fairlight, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We attended a two day function here. The Hotel is lovely. Large well furnished rooms and comfortable. Wonderful spa. You could spend all day there. But, oh dear the food! Night 1, we went in for dinner at 7.30 and finnished at about 10.45. The sere
vice was so slow. My meal, I think was duck altho' you would not know by looking at it. It was grossley over cooked in thick glutinous gravy. It was supposed to be on a bed of something but what I don't know. The did bring extra veg on request but not untill half an hour later. I would have been furious if I had paid the £16 it cost but when you are in a party you don't like to make a fuss. Saturdays dinner was marginally better and quickewr but I could not discribe it as good. Saturday break fast was very good indeed but Sunday when the Hotel filled up was a shambles. Everything was running out and replaced slowley so it was hard to get a hot platedul. It seemed to be very understaffed in the catering dept. Pity as it spoils a lovely Hotel. I have rated the breakfast as poor because of Sunday. The first day it was very good

Room Tip: There are two lifts so any room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank carol a
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

As it was our anniversary I decided to book one of the four poster suites and the room was lovely. The bathroom was an absolute treat because of the huge bath. Booked spa treatment separately and the spa staff were very helpful and on the day we were impressed with the treatments and how comfortable we were made to feel.
My only improvements would be more towels and toiletries - was expecting this at the turn down service but the turn down never happened!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank louise s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sprowston
Dunston Hall
#1 of 1 in Barnham Broom
The Old Rectory Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick

Been to Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!