Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Central Hotel(Norwich)
1,138 results
All reviewsgolf coursezest cafeswimming poolmain restaurantlovely hotelleisure clubafternoon teaspa arealeisure facilitiespark and ridegolf breaksteam roompublic areasspa treatmentsno air conchanging roomsplay golf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Having been to Sprowston before we knew we would be well looked after in lovely surroundings and we were not wrong. The grounds are wonderful, even if you're not a golfer, just as my hanging baskets are looking past their best the ones at Sprowston were glorious !! My husband played golf while I enjoyed the pool, steam room sauna and jacuzzi, very relaxing, a lovely facility better than Hanbury Manor which we visited a few weeks ago. We had lunch in the Zest bistro which was very busy but staff were polite and helpful and service was good. We attended a function at the hotel in the evening in the upmarket 'marquee'. Dinner for over 100 people was excellent, prompt, delicious and beautifully presented, staff were efficient and polite and the loos modern and clean . The Manor house has retained its character and has a magnificent wooden fireplace in the bar ,and a lovely staicase, be great for wedding photos! Would certainly recommend the venue for a wedding or large event or just a weekend break. ALL the staff were very friendly and helpful giving the hotel a family feeling. Hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Stayed in a suite this time .....Beautiful !!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am a regular at Sprowston and it has never let me down. From the character building and wonderful staff to the beautiful pool and excellent golf course it is real class. I stay in hotels all over the country and this is one of my favourites.
It had all the qualities of Marriott but somehow seems to offer a more personal service.
A previous reviewer (who says she is a member) has complained about food in "Spree bar", interesting as the bar restaurant is called Zest - was she in the right place?
Don't be put off, I have had nothing but great service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Second time in a few weeks.. Spree Bar 45 minutes wait for food with 2 hungry children.

Really undercooked fish and chips. No apology, I left the food. Rubbish service. Never going there again.
Grumpy staff in leisure club. Will be cancelling my very expensive subscription.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Carolynford
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We last stayed here way back, maybe 15 years ago. It has changed hugely since then, grown much larger but all credit to Marriott it retains the personal touch thanks to the staff who were all, yes all, absolutely first rate. Why hotels just don't see how much it matters to have courteous, professional and yet friendly staff is beyond me. You just feel you want to go back to this hotel, that's how welcome they made us feel. Nothing was too much trouble, front of house exceptional. Lovely Spa and grounds. Breakfast terrific but dinner meal a bit disappointing, found the menu a bit odd and pricey. We had one night eating in Norwich, well worth the taxi trip there and back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HotelBrave
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for my husbands 40th birthday. A brilliant hotel with golf and a spa, so everybody is happy! Room was very comfortable. The breakfast was lovely with lots to choose from and filled you up for most of the day. A great base for the Norfolk Broads, we did an afternoon cruise which was very picturesque.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the golf course.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple