We booked last minute on the Friday night, for a saturday check in, room cost £248 including breakfast and dinner. Arrived and checked in straight away, all staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was gorgeous, we had a 1 bed suite with 4 poster bed, lounge area and double bath. Jets in the bath would have been an added bonus, not sure why this did not do this but anyway - still a nice bath.
We had a couple of minor niggles,
1. order a £21.50 bottle of champagne from room service, my partner signed for it and they had incorrectly charged us £39.00, I rang room service, they apologised and it was corrected immediately.
2. Our room rate included 'dinner'. We found at when we went into the restaurant that the dinner rate meant that we could either eat from the 4 course set menu (neither myself nor my partner liked 3 out of 4 courses so this was not an option), so instead we were able to order from the a la carte menu, we had a £25 allowance towards whatever we chose. There was no salmon, or chicken and only one veggie option, and for £28 I was not going to choose the vegetarian rissoto, so I reuqested salmon, new potatoes and veg that I had seen on the room service menu, this was only £15 (half the price of all other main courses). My partner chose fillet of beef with chunky chips and tomatoes, he like his meal but again it was certainly not worth the £28 it was priced at. When we had to sign for our meal they had forgotton to take the £25 x 2 off of our bill, I pointed this out and they quickly apologised and rectified.
3. On check out we had been incorrectly charged £10.95 for in room breakfaxt when we were on a room rate that included breakfast, again I pointed this out and they quickly apologised and rectified.
The three above errors could have cost me an extra £78 if I had not of noticed!!
All in all a beautiful hotel, gorgeous room, food quite nice but ridicously overpriced, food in a top london restaurant would be of similar pricing but ten times as good.
Would I go back - to a suite yes, to the restaurant no.
Perfect for a weekend chill out - really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a luxury countryside escape at the Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club. Located in Norwich, England, our guest rooms offer a seamless blend of historic elegance and modern comfort. We offer a world-class golf course, on-site spa and a variety of event venues, perfect for any travel needs. Book a memorable vacation at our hotel now. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Norwich
- Norfolk Marriott
- Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club United Kingdom