1,430 results
All reviews leisure facilities spa bath free upgrade on arrival lovely hotel steam room executive room relaxing stay honeymoon suite afternoon tea kippers bar menu course meal underfloor heating walk in shower birthday treat lovely room
Reviewed December 14, 2015

Oh dear Park Farm, a catalogue of disasters from start to finish.
1. Table booked for 15, but they had the reservation for only 11 people ! We were therefore moved from the main restaurant into a private dining room which was actually very nice.
2. Orders were taken eventually, starters arrived and on the most part were acceptable. The mains, when they did arrive were woefully disappointing. A mixed grill arrived with no potatoes of any kind, just meat, tomatoes and possibly a sole mushroom. I felt that this should have been pointed out when the order was taken that it wasn't served with potatoes.
3. Being unable to eat onions, I has asked for a rib eye steak, chips, mushrooms and tomato with no sauce at all. My main did arrive, but not as ordered, it came with the sauce as per the menu. This was despatched back to the kitchen. My new meal arrived, and I am convinced that it was the same piece of meat, now cold, served with only chips! My meat was ordered medium, but in reality it was rare! Another meal, fillet steak was halfway through being eaten when some vegetables turned up.
4. Again, after a very long wait, the plates were eventually cleared and orders were taken for dessert. These, in my opinion were the high light of the meal, but nothing exceptional. A coffee was ordered instead of a dessert and the waitress even asked if he wanted de-caff or normal coffee, needless to say this never materialised!
5. Our table was booked for 7pm and it took until 10.00 before we had finished dessert. We were asked if we wanted tea or coffee, but in all honesty we had all had enough and just wanted to get home.

In conclusion, food was awful, portion size was very meagre and service atrocious.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Park Farm Count... h, Front Office Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2015

Dear Gerry,

Thank you for taking time to leave us your feedback. We are most disappointed to read the issues you encountered during dinner service and would like to offer our sincere apologies.

May we assure you this is not the high level of service we strive for and are really sad that your visit turned into such a negative experience. We were extremely busy on the evening in question with our Christmas dinner dances taking place but this should in no way of effected the standard of service you received.

We will of course take note of all your comments and use these in our ongoing efforts to improve and refine. It would be great if you could contact me directly as we would like to offer you something as a token of our apology.

Reviewed December 14, 2015

From the website this looks like a small country farmhouse style hotel. The satnav leaves you 500 yards short of your turning and driving down the tree-lined illuminated drive, through a large car park, you suddenly realise this is actually quite a large leisure complex.

There was a queue at reception, but this was disposed of quickly and I received a delightful welcome by the 2 young lady receptionists, check-in was straight forward and I was efficiently shown to my good sized suite in the rear annexe. It was an excellent room with a king-sized bed and high quality fixtures and fittings throughout - spotlessly clean too.

Although cocktails were on the menu in the bar, when I tried to order one, there was hesitation, then a huddle of 3 staff in a corner, plainly discussing how to go about making it, so rather than run the risk, I eventually took the safe option and settled for a beer instead!

The menu is slanted towards fine dining. The food was well cooked, well presented and of a good quality. Service in the dining room was friendly and accommodating if rather lacking fine-dining sophistication.

Check-out next morning was quick, easy and accurate and I was wished well upon my way. I enjoyed my stay at Park Farm, which was all too brief, so was unable to sample many of the facilities on offer. However, I would not hesitate to return should a future opportunity arise.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Park Farm Count... h, Front Office Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your well thought out review.

We are pleased to read you were pleasantly surprised with your visit and that your arrival and departure was so well received. We do have a number of seasonal staff that return each year from university who may not be quite up to speed with our Cocktail menu that was released in the Summer. We will endeavour to get these team members up to scratch after your feedback.

We appreciate you noting the quality of our food and we will of course take note of all your comments.

Have a lovely Christmas.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2015

We have stayed here 2 or 3 times now and its a very special. The staff are all fantastic, welcoming and warming. Cant do enough. The Spa is very relaxing. The food is amazing in both of the restaurants that we have eaten in, and the cakes we had in the bar. Can't say enought how great the romance package was.

Room tip: Romance Package rooms are great
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Park Farm Count... h, Front Office Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2015

Wow Vanessa what an amazing title for a review thank you. We really appreciate your comments after your recent stay with us.

Our Rooms for Romance package is extremely popular so it is great to read you were impressed. We work hard to provide exceptional care to our guests so again thank you for noting this.

Do come back and see us again soon.

Have a lovely Christmas.

Reviewed December 6, 2015

I live within a few miles and dine here four or five times a year. I haven't written a review on Park Farm before. In summary very good food, people, service and value. I would put a few more sofa chairs in the lounge bar for even more customer comfort but that's a real minor point.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Park Farm Count... h, Front Office Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2015

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are pleased to see that you have such a high opinion of the hotel and visit us so frequently. We will of course take note of your comments regarding the furniture.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2015 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic, polite courteous and very clean dinning table service is brilliant with young polite servers. Deluxe rooms are brilliant ...pool and spa great however think the Jacuzzi could be bigger.

Perfectly located for Norwich park and ride.

First class example of how a hotel should be.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

May we thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We were most pleased to read that you had such a great time with us. We appreciate you noting all the highlights from your stay and will hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.