“Dirty Dirt”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Kendari
Jakarta
“Dirty Dirt”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Under bedcover there are several (human) blood spot. Please check your room #333, Mr. Fauzi. This is very veru disgusting. Even overall look alike clean and fresh but most of time we attend at room is for sleeping. I found dried injured-death human skin that left at your cozy bed.

-Ren

Room Tip: Dont try grand deluxe. Not good value, compare to cleanliness and view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Ren R
fauzikendari, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Kendari, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Mr. Ren,

I would like to apologize for the late response.

This is the very basic of housekeeping to change all linen on daily basis. I guarantee you this kind of thing will not happen again to our guest.

Please do not hesitate to see me anytime when you are in Kendari.

Fauzi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Very friendly driver who picked me up from airport to hotel, nice porter, nice and quick service from receptionist. Very comfortable room. I don't smoke and it's okay with the room, maybe the management already did some improvement regarding previous feedback. Excellent variety of food. Nice swimming pool and jacuzzi. Friendly waiters. Excellent spa too, which is always in queing. Maybe this is my only input for the management. Increase the capicity. I heard that in the weekend even non guest family are using the spa service.

What else could you expect from a hotel in a small town like Kendari? Swiss-belHotel Kendari definitely is my 1st choice when staying in Kendari, for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AndreasGosyanto
fauzikendari, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Kendari, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Mr. Andreas,

“Warmest Greetings from Swiss Belhotel Kendari..”

We would like to thank you for choosing and staying at Swiss-Belhotel Kendari as your preferred hotel and we really hope that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We will coordinate with spa provider to add more spa therapist especially during the weekend.

We would like to say thank you also for your testimonies for the service staff and food qualities at our hotel, and we look forward for your upcoming visit in Swiss-Belhotel Kendari, managed by Swiss-Belhotel International Indonesia

Malaysia
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed twice at Swiss-Belhotel, en route to and from Ereke, Southeast Sulawesi. I liked the room. Bed and bathroom was clean and I slept well. Lighting of the room was slightly dim but otherwise OK. Good breakfast selection.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChristineMayYong
Dear Ms, Christine,

First of all, please accept our gratitude to you to choose Swiss-Belhotel Kendari during away from home.

We improving lighting in some rooms that looks slightly dim by adding hanging lamp on the ceiling. We hope by your third visit all of our room looks more bright then before.

We would like to say thank you also for your testimony for the good variety of our breakfast, and we look forward for your upcoming visit in Swiss-Belhotel Kendari, managed by Swiss-Belhotel International Indonesia

Reviewed March 16, 2012

The hotel itself is nice. Comfortable room. Very nice staff. Breakfast has good selection but none of it really great, just ok.

The problem is the whole place is like a big ashtray. Sure they have non-smoking rooms but the lobby is full of smoke. The area near lifts was full of smoke from discarded burning butts in the ashtray. The restaurant was full of smoke. It was really too much! I needed to send my suit to be dry cleaned because I stank like old cigarettes when I got home.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank stevenbkk
fauzikendari, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Kendari, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear Mr. Steven,

First of all I would like to say thank you for your comments and apologize for your inconvenience experience during your stay in Kendari.

We are on progress to solve this problem by building a separate smoking area. This will be the other side of lobby lounge. I am sure you have seen our big banner in the lobby saying "opening soon smoking area, restaurant and lobby will be strictly no smoking area". We hope the project will finish by next month.

Fauzi
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,037 helpful votes
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The hotel is just ok. My room quite big, but it was too dark when I close the curtain. The bed linen was crumpled. Like someone already asleep there, and they don't change it. Stain on the towels and linen.
Found the same problem at my moms room. Probably the ironing lady wasn't in the mood for ironing.

Food price Is ok, not expensive compare to many hotels in the universe.

The painting around the hotel is just so sad. No taste and odd. I hate the facts everyroom is a smoking room, everywhere is smoking area even in the lobby.

But this is a small town, you can't expect much.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank PapayaMelon
fauzikendari, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Kendari, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear Mr. Bongkeh,

“Warmest Greetings from Swiss Belhotel Kendari..”

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize regarding with bad experience you got during staying at Swiss-Belhotel Kendari.

We also thank you for your support and suggestion for our hotel to give a better service for our guest. Nowadays, we make sure all those things will not happen to you either with other guest. We keep improve our service and soon will have separate smoking area in lobby area which is allocate in one of tenant side of hotel building which is not yet finished to be built.

Once again, we do apologize for this inconvenience caused and thank you for staying at Swiss-Belhotel Kendari. Should any information you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Nauru
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The Architect of this building must have had a very bad day. The most unpractical designed building I have ever laid my eyes on. It has an disastrous unused atrium, it completely neglects any kind of view. Most rooms have no sunlight only an odd window to a dark unused atrium. Maybe the architect should change his profession.

Having said this, the rooms from the inside are nice though; flat screen tv, perfect bed, good bathroom, nice colors and carpet.

The best thing about the hotel is the staff. Management did a good training job here. Very attentive staff from receptionists, to staff in the restaurant and even the cleaning staff. Exceptional helpful, friendly and truly caring staff.

Restaurant is fair priced and breakfast buffet is very good, On some days even smoked salmon (yes we really are in Kendari).

Location is a bit out of town but a 20mins walk or 10mins taxi to downtown. In front of the hotel you have night stalls selling seafood.

This is your choice when in Kendari; at 50 USD a night, good value.

Only one suggestion to the management; why do we have to ask every day for a voucher to use the pool? Can you not just use your registration card to access the pool. It is very annoying!

Room Tip: Ask for aroom facing the outside, unless you hate sunlight then you may ask for atrium.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
10 Thank arabian_sands
fauzikendari, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Kendari, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Dear Sir,

Review some comments from your comments; first thing we would like to inform that the very first plan of this building by the owners was not for a hotel building. They planned to open the biggest shopping center in town then for some years to come, they changed their plan into a hotel building. So the building is modified from shopping center into hotel industry.
The project team made a better strategy by divided the rooms to be a maximum function based on the shape of its building. We have chosen the best quality of some guest amenities to decrease the lack point of its shape. However, in the near future we will record in the guest history that some guests are not convenient with atrium view and prefer to stay in outside hotel’s view. So we can make a priority that we can offer some other room type which mostly located on the outside hotel’s view.
We will figure it out the easier way which can replace this technical pool voucher in the near future.

Best Regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is my first time staying in Kendari. The first night, I stayed in a hotel called Athaya but the service is not satisfying and the room condition is poor and so we decided to move to another hotel. We choose Swiss Belhotel because I also have stayed in a lot of Swiss Bell hotels in another cities. The room is clean eventhough it is considered a little bit too small for me. The service in front desk is average, I think they sould be taught not to judge guests by their appearance. I come only by wearing shorts and sandals because I moved from another hotel and it seems that the officer in Swiss Bell a little underestimated me and my friends. But overall I think that this hotel is great to stay. One of my complaints is the loby is full of smoke. We also love the in room dining service, they are fast, and taste very good for a reasonable price. The chef sould get a reward for his/her performance. Thanks a lot, it is lovely to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Lim_Agus
Dear Mr. Lim,

We do apologize for the inconvenience experience you and your friend got when first arrived at our hotel. We have trained all staff include with the new hire staff for the sincere service from the heart. We will give training continuously and cross check for the staff concern which I am quite sure was not in consciously judge our guest by appearance.

For the lobby, we still have a plan to have a special space to a smoker guest so that the other guest will not disturbed by the smokes which caused in the crowds of smokers. Nowadays, we still have some space in the right tenant of our hotel. We plan to use that space to the smoking area. Hopefully, this will be soon made in the near future.

Mr. Lim, once again thank you for your testimonies for food tastes and qualities at our hotel, and we look forward for your upcoming visit in Swiss-Belhotel Kendari, managed by Swiss-Belhotel International Indonesia.

Best Regards,