This is a review about LPB but why Grenada? - beautiful, hilly, lush and tropical Grenada. It is the most beautiful island I have been to. Where do you start looking for a winter holiday when you have the scope of the internet and the whole world to choose from?! Perchance, I googled 'unspoilt Caribbean islands' and up popped Grenada - safe, friendly people and undeveloped, beautiful beaches (including the unbelievably wild Levera Beach in the north and La Sagesse), rainforest with wild monkeys, pretty St Georges Carenage, and delicious food (far better than other more fashionable resorts in the BVI etc.) I would add great climate in the Caribbean - not too hot as heat cooled by trade winds unlike other parts of the world. Why Le Phare Bleu as there are other great hotels in Grenada? Well, we came here last year and had a perfect holiday so decided to come again. Great unspoilt position, lovely cottages, restaurant on beach/floating boat restaurant and so on (read the other reviews) but LPB has just a lovely warm atmosphere - the owners are there, around and about early in the morning (Deiter followed around by his friendly dogs Daisy and Henry) checking everything is right - their heart in it and that's what makes the difference - you will be relaxed because they are relaxed and genuinely enjoying running their lovely boutique hotel and this is what makes the difference between privately owned and company owned hotels. Lynn, the manager, lives up to all that has been said about her in previous reviews. She is so helpful and will do her best to make sure everything is done to make your holiday very special.
I miss my delicious breakfast in the Poolbar overlooking the beach - idyllic with the sound of the waves on the beach. They also play great music compilations (not loud just perfect). We mixed eating in the hotel either at the Poolbar - excellent menu (live music on Saturdays) and fine dining on the Lighthouse Restaurant with eating out in the numerous great restaurants nearby such as Whisper Cove Marina/Beach House, (plus point Grenada very safe compared to other islands). Hire a car and have fun exploring too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Phare Bleu truly is a unique property that centres around the historic Lighthouse Ship and is located in Calivigny Bay. Just fifteen minutes from the international airport this exclusive, waterfront property offers a tremendously high level of comfort in the self contained beach villas and apartments. The friendly service mixed with the restaurants & bar, swimming pool, watersports and very safe beach, makes Le Phare Bleu a great place for relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, West Indies and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Phare Bleu Marina Hotel Petite Calivigny Bay
- Le Phare Bleu Marina And Resort
- Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina Grenada/Petite Calivigny