Simply we adore Grenada - the charms of this exotic paradise must begin with its sheer unspoilt tropical beauty and gentle pace of life. We have been to other islands but without doubt the Grenadians are the most kind and unbelievably friendly and always ready to say hello with a warm smile. The island has been preserved with its secluded beaches and bays lined with mangroves and wild jungle in the hills. We were staying at another hotel a couple of years ago and came across Le Phare Bleu whilst exploring and decided we would definitely return to stay as the setting is beautiful nestling in a colourful and lush oasis in a secluded bay. The buildings are quite stunning - luxurious without being flashy and everything is made from the very best materials from the beautiful wooden decks, the linen and gorgeous white bedspreads on the very comfortable large beds to the wonderful iridescent tiled large shower room - everything about the decoration is tasteful. The cottages have a delightful set up with a stainless steel freezer in a kitchen/bar area next to the sitting area with its comfortable sofa and wide sliding doors which is just perfect in the evening as you have a little cover - or you can fall asleep on the swinging seat watching the fireflies and listening to the tree frogs. We had one of the apartments with another one above but it really felt like our own cottage. It was lovely wandering down to the restaurant with its friendly bar through the garden filled with the heavenly scent of frangipani and ylang ylang towards the beach (which isn't a long long beach like Grand Anse but you can always go for a walk there) in the morning and being offered a delicious variety of fresh fruit, homemade breads, cereals and something cooked as well if you wished. The tables overlook the beach and small marina which we loved as there was always someone coming off one the lovely boats which created a colourful atmosphere and it added to the prettiness of the bay. My husband loved walking along the jetty chatting to the boat owners and I am sure thinking which one he would like! There are also some cane sofas overlooking the beach which are perfect for pre-dinner cocktails or even better a rum punch or for just reading in during the day with a breeze from the gentle trade winds before a dip in the pool. Dinner was delicious and there was a great band playing one evening and we had fun dancing and meeting other people. It is all very low-key and felt like we were in a lovely house party in a beautiful home by the sea.
There is an attractive vintage lighthouse boat on the jetty which is a restaurant and we had a lovely evening - almost Agatha Christie style on the Nile - it is strung with fairy lights and twinkles at night and is just beautifully restored with an old leather sofa, antiques and fine white linen and elegant glasses and the food is to die for. On Sundays everyone goes over to Hog Island - an idyllic spot a short boat ride away - for a barbecue and music at Roger's Bar - made of pieces of bamboo and the only bar on the white sandy shore.
There is a small shop where you can buy essentials and a small selection of postcards which is really useful and there someone will organise car rental too which is great to go off exploring the island. There is also an excellent masseuse.
All the staff are attentive and gentle just wanting to make your stay as good as they can. What really makes the difference here is that the manager Liz and the un-stuffy owners are hands-on and obviously dedicated to making it so lovely you have to come back.
I couldn't recommend it more..... and it is very reasonably priced too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Phare Bleu truly is a unique property that centres around the historic Lighthouse Ship and is located in Calivigny Bay. Just fifteen minutes from the international airport this exclusive, waterfront property offers a tremendously high level of comfort in the self contained beach villas and apartments. The friendly service mixed with the restaurants & bar, mini market, swimming pool, watersports and very safe beach, makes Le Phare Bleu a great place for relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, West Indies, Hotels.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Phare Bleu Marina And Resort
- Le Phare Bleu Marina Hotel Petite Calivigny Bay
- Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina Grenada/Petite Calivigny