“Worst meal we had in Italy”
Review of Restaurant Galuppi

Restaurant Galuppi
Ranked #22 of 31 Restaurants in Burano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have never been to a tourist trap before, but I think this is what people call tourist trap. Upon our visit to Burano we planned to visit for lunch another local restaurant based on reviews from Tripadvisor, but it was closed the day we visited. So we were forced to just choose one of the restaurants on the main street. There was a host in front of the restaurant with menus in different languages who invited us. Prices were looking fine in comparison with other menus we saw on the same street, so we decided to go for it. What a mistake. The only good thing about this restaurant is the polite service. The food comes in tiny portions and maybe is better this way because it was awful. We ordered mix of sea food starter and a mix of grilled fishes for a second. The starter didn’t include exactly what the host promised (I explicitly asked before we sat down and he said that there are clams and mussels included and there were none). Main part was some sea product with white meat that I didn’t recognize even that I’m huge sea food fan, which had just disgusting taste – like it was rotting. The fish for the second dish was very dry – almost burned. This comes with a cover charge of 2 eur PP for some stale bread and a service charge of 10%. Avoid at all costs.

1  Thank Konstantin I

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The sea food was the freshest. All courses we're excellent. Loved the shrimp risotto. The scallops were large and juicy. The staff was friendly and took time to talk with us even though they were busy. I loved the wine and it kept flowing. It was a very reasonable priced lunch for what we got. Will come back here every time I am in Venice.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by one of the store owners down the street. When we got there, most of the tables were full outside. It's okay... we wanted to sit inside & enjoy the air-con anyway. The waiters were very friendly and brought us English menus rightaway. Being on an island, we thought we'd order some seafood. The mixed grill with langoustine, sole and another fish was okay. Not much meat in the langoustine though. The Special - fish (hake) with veggies wasn't bad. The fish wasn't overcooked and was still moist. The best dish was probably the seafood spaghetti (I think it was scallops & clams). Throughout the meal, the waiter was very attentive. Decent meal but the price was a bit high for what we got (100 Euro for 3 ppl).

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We liked the fish, the service was good, but it was not impressive while the prices were way too high.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We chose this restaurant because of the elegant looking white tablecloths. Big mistake. Hardly had we sat down when we realised there was almost always a waiter on the street touting for custom. I dislike that intensely. We had expected prices to be above those in Venice and that would have been ok if the food was good. But it wasn't. I received four tiny grilled scampi for 20 euros and for the same price my husband's mixed grilled seafood was pitifully small. The only size bottles of water available were the tiny 50cc at an exorbitant price. I got the impression that ripping off tourists was the daily sport. Don't go there

1  Thank Mo W