“Tourist Trap”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family came to barano with high expectations for great fish. The fish was very good as we got the grilled platter for two and that was good. We were served old bread and were charged 2 euro each person. We asked for water and were all given 5 euro water bottles. We were asked if we wanted fries or salad with our meals which was 4 euro extra each as we were made to think it came with the meal. The people around us were complaining to the owner saying that they were gonna tell websites and tourist groups not to come here. It was the only restaurant open at mid afternoon. Do not go here it's a big tourist predator restaurant.

2  Thank Cmorty79

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here, good value. Enjoyed sitting outdoors with a carafe of house wine. Not rushed. Free wifi. Pleasant location in the main square. Sadly had to endure a street singer for about 10 minutes who was 'entertaining' us- he was truly dreadful and we were glad when he moved on!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Ordered risotto with squid ink. It was ok. Not great, not bad. Serving is adequate. Servers and other staff are friendly, nice and efficient. Overall, just so-so.

Bread was cold and hard as stone (but this is the same almost across Italy, I surmise)

1  Thank doolfreak
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I say it was touristy but as far as I could tell, that's all there is on this very small island.

We had toured both Murano and Burano that morning and it was a late lunch. There was only one other couple on the patio (lots of people inside) so we sat. I can't remember his name, but the maitre d' who stood on the street shilling for customers was a real character. At this point in our Italian trip we were used to that and found it more entertaining than annoying as we did in the beginning.

We were offered English menus immediately and told about the specials but were never pushed toward the specials. I had a seafood pasta dish and my husband had the minestrone. The minestrone was excellent, and the seafood pasta was very good. The bread wasn't as fresh as it could have been but it wasn't bad.

The location is very good being about at the center of the main street in Burano. Lots of people watching potential. The service was friendly and punctual but not not too, too fast.

I would recommend this restaurant to friends or would return myself if ever I was back in Burano.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We visited the beautiful island of Burano while on a trip to Venice, and ate at this terrific restaurant in the middle of town. The special-of-the-day was a whole, freshly-caught fish, prepared tableside. In all my travels, this was one of the most delicious meals I've had. Everything about this restaurant was top-notch. The wait staff was wonderful ... We sat outside and watched all the action going on around town. I highly recommend!