“Bourdain was right! Seafood risotto!”

Trattoria da Romano
Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in Burano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Lunch 10/7/12 - Came here after watching "No Reservations" with Anthony Bourdain. It was well worth the 40 min vaporetto to Burano. Side note: definitely worth checking out Burano. Really photogenic.

The seafood risotto was stellar. Top quality. Must order. I also enjoyed the squid appetizer. The owners and staff were super-welcoming and professional. You felt the strong sense of family here with numerous tables of 10+ people.

1  Thank jfwg
Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

As part of our visit to Venice we took a daytrip to Burano. We had heard about Trattoria Da Romano from Anthony Bourdain's TV show "No Reservations" and wanted to try out their famous risotto. Creamy and delicious and the only ingredients are rice and broth of a certain fish. We were not disappointed. It was a little pricey for a lunch, but the service and food was worth it. The owner Gigi even took us back to the kitchen and let us watch and video the talented chef making the risotto. It was quite a treat for us adults as well as the kids. The whole island was very nice. Calm, colorful with happy and friendly people. The boat ride from Venice was also fun and we got to see a beautiful sunset on our way back. I highly recommend making a special effort to visit Da Romano on the island of Burano

1  Thank Kirs10F
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We came to Burano from Fondamente Nuovo and from here to Torcello. After arriving back at Burano, one of us wanted to eat there and the other wanted to get back to Nuovo and eat at a cicchetti place there. My wife won and we went to a place in Piazza Galuppi recommended in a fantastic must-but book by Michela Scibilia called Venice Osterie.

This was one of two places recommended in Burano and we wanted something quick so we could catch the next ferry back to FN.

This was the only place we stopped at on our four days in Venice where we were left for 10-15 minutes before being asked what we would like to drink and order. We had a basket of bread plonked down quite quickly after arrival but then nothing.

Getting the bill was difficult too. After requesting and not receiving I picked up the table number and went to the cash desk and the lady there got the waiter to print off and take my card. I explained we had a ferry to catch and he indicated that this was normal but still difficult to attend to everyone.

When we DID get served, the service pace was exceptional and the food good. Easily a four star on this alone.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Perfect, refined, minimal, boring.

I sampled the polenta, goh risotto, and grilled monkfish. I was expecting to be blown away by the taste based on reputation.

Didn't come close. Against the backdrop of overly-salted pizza and flavor-eplosion chicceti to be found in Venice, everything I ate here was downright bland and academic.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

What a memory!! Goh Risotto. I don't expect to ever have Risotto like that again. Spaghetti Bolognese,Wine and Tiramisu, of course. Heaven. Trip of a lifetime. Memories forever. This Trattoria is a must!

1  Thank Seoul68