“lovely restaurant in a great location”

Riva Rosa Ristorante
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Burano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I have ate here several times now and love this place - on our most recent trip we sat outside in the sun which is a real treat for us (given the weather we had back home)! The food is well prepared, staff are courteous and helpful, and I always have the Sarde in Saor which is my favourite dish here (tricky eating as there bones are still in the sardine but well worth it). My Tiramisu was to die for, the whole experience very rememberable. if we are lucky enough to return to Venice this will definitely be on my things to do list!!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We didn't expect such a glut of great restaurants to choose from on our short day trip to Burano from Venice. The truth is that Burano's such a beautiful island in the lagoon that you almost don't want to stop for lunch. However I'm glad that we did stop at the Riva Rosa as the food was top notch.

It was warm and we ate simply. My wife had a risotto - a house specialty - and I had the local seafood pasta with clams and mussels galore. With a big local group beside us I felt like part of the family and this place was clearly one that attracts visitors and locals alike. The wine and food were great, service was causal and perhaps could have been more on the ball. I'd have loved a desert but we simply couldn't get anyone's attention and in the end we needed to get back to Venice. Otherwise the whole meal was great.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

After several days in Venice it became obvious that restaurants of all levels had very similar menus. However on Burano the Riva Rosa was different. We didn't book but it is probably a good idea to do so. I loved the simplicity of the deco. The food and service was exceptional. We had a long lunch on a horrible cold rainy day which made our visit to Burano. Definitely worth the trip. We all ate different things and we were all pleased with our meals.

1  Thank Samanthalouise
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We reserved a table at Riva Rosa before arriving on Burano Island and I was very pleasantly surprised at the attractive simplicity of the restaurant. I was somewhat expecting a cattle market but we were only the 2nd people in the restaurant when we arrived. The food was lovely and the service was good. Overall it was a relaxing dining experience.

1  Thank lucymcm
Reviewed April 27, 2013

By far best restaurant close to Venice area and great service. The black pasta with seafood is fantastic!

1  Thank MichelleGQ