“Pleasant and friendly”

Al Gatto Nero Da Ruggero
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Burano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Wonderful fresh seafood served by the friendliest of staff, with a little help from the ginger puss!
A perfect way to take a time out while walking around the island. I suggest giving it a try if on the island.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

After staying on Burano all day, we chose this restaurant because it looked so pretty sitting right on the canal and dressed up with Murano glassware and candles.
We had seafood risotto which was excellent, seafood pasta, which was also good, and a mixed fish plate, which was de-boned at the table.
We ran for the ferry so we could not stay for dessert.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Someone had suggested Al Gatto Nero in Burano as a good evening trip and it was! We went a couple of hours before our reservation time so we could wander around Burano and see the sunset among its beautiful colored houses. We ended our walk at Al Gatto and told the owner that we wanted him to just bring us a few courses of his choice. He asked us a few questions about what we ate and didn't eat and after that we just sat, drank, and the dishes kept arriving. Everything was very fresh and tasty, especially the seafood (I was told by the three seafood eating people). The whole experience was very unique and totally enjoyable. The only reason I have not given a 5 rating is because I got one course less than the others (I am vegetarian) and because I was a little disappointed in the lack of variety offered to me. There could have been many other vegetarian options such as stuffed tomatoe or pepper or eggplant or portobello mushroom. To be fair though, the rest of our group would give Al Gatto a 5

Reviewed September 15, 2013

On this colorful island of Burano, we knew we wanted not just any seafood; but seafood at a classy place. We happened to walk past this place, the smell of grilled fish immediately attracted us. I ordered a plate of grilled sardines. My husband a plate of grilled scampis. Fresh sardines are difficult to find on menus in the US. They taste wonderful, if fresh, and rich with calcium. The grilled sardines and scampis were simply that. Grilled just right. No salt needed. Only served with wedges of lemon. Simple, unpretentious, unadorned. They know they have the best seafood if not even salted was added while grilling. There was nothing more natural than that. That is what I call food served with confidence.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

On a recent trip to Venice made the requisite trip to Murano and Burano. While walking on Burano happened upon this restaurant and its aura and location invited us to try it for lunch. As we had no reservations, we were asked to wait several minutes for a table, after which Massimiliano, the 3rd generation owner, offered us a lovely table and a complimentary aperitif.

We enjoyed the aperitif such that we ordered a pitcher of the same and when it came, my wife commented that it was large to which Massi commented, "why do you have some place to be?" The question could not have been more appropriate. This was a meal to truly relax and savor. The sea food was unique and I would recommend the grill shell fish starter. The mains were as exquisite as the appetizers and only after we have concluded our meal, did I notice the Michelin rating and the Trip Advisor Certificate of excellence both of which are well deserved.

A trip to Venice would be incomplete without a visit to this restaurant. Please note that reservation are a must and were simply lucky. Enjoy!