“Fantasy resort”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hamim
New York City, New York
“Fantasy resort”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We came here to celebrate Valentine's Day, along with my boyfriend's family. The facilities are amazingly designed, our rooms were gorgeous, the staff friendly and polite. We spent the days relaxing by the pool, climbing the dunes, and just forgetting about work and city stress. We enjoyed a nice Valentine's dinner buffet at Al Waha. The food was very good, 4 out of 5 stars. Definitely coming back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nina A
PAB77, General Manager at Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Nina A,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay.

It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of products and service and continual monitoring of guest comments is vital for our continued success. We were delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit. It is always a pleasure when guests take the time to comment the hotel. Please be assured that you kind comments will be shared with the rest of Qasr Al Sarab Team.

Thank you again and we hope we will have another opportunity to wow you.

Patrick Both

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We have just spent two days immersing ourselves in Arabian Culture at Qasr al Sarab. The setting on the edge of the Empty Quarter with the variety of colours in the sand dunes makes this a very special part of the UAE. The hotel is understated luxury in the Arabian style of architecture.
All tastes are catered for from traditional Arabic to modern Western cuisine. The range of activities gives a fascinating insight into the heritage and culture of the region.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gary B
Dear Gary B,

Thank you for your lovely review.

As an Anantara resort it is our brand promise to ensure that our guests be introduced to local custom and cultures, also experience the best of our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay, and that you will visit us again. Rest assured that we will do our best to make your next stay at Qasr Al Sarab as memorable as the last one.

In the meantime, we thank you once again for your valued patronage. We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service to you once more in the not too distant future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 20, 2014

we have stayed for 2 nights in February, celebrating V-day at the resort and have opted for the terrace suite. Overall it was an excellent experience, hotel was exactly as advertised with regards to rooms, restaurants and facilities, if not better.

View from the resort and terrace rooms are very impressive and offers a multitude of ever changin desert and sand views.

The staff were extremely professional, attentive and kind.

If I may have one constructive feeback it would that the last quarter mile to the entrance to the resort's gate is through a desert/off road path with very soft sand. Two different approaches to the hotel entry are present with one almost inaccessible via normal sedan or with a with non 4x4 vehicle; the other would be relatively easy. For guests travelling locally and with their own vehicle such as ourselves, it would be nice to have reminder somewhere in the website to prevent a last minute disappointment. Luckily we were driving an SUV.

Would recommend strongly and definitely looking to go back.

Room Tip: try terrace rooms starting with room numbers on 300 series, they are on an elevated part of the reso...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear CemSaral,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your fantastic review about your stay.

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We really appreciate you sharing your amazing experience in particular the excellent service and hospitality provided to you by our associates. Please be assured that such remarkable praises will be pass on the rest of the team.

Furthermore, thank you for your feedback about the road to the resort, surely our readers will greatly appreciate such an informative advice.

In the meantime, we thank you once again for your great appreciation of the resort and valued patronage. We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service to you once more in the not too distant future.

Geelong, Australia
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We recently spent 4 nights at this desert resort during January and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The resort is visually beautiful, both the buildings and gardens themselves, and the surrounding desert environment. We found the accommodation to be of an extremely high standard, service was impeccable and facilities were all very good. The buffet breakfast is quite good and the food is of good quality, however we would have liked some change in the dishes offered given we were there for 4 nights. Whilst we loved this resort, in hindsight staying 2 or 3 nights would probably have been plenty, especially given we were travelling with our young son (11 yrs) and extra activities are both expensive and limited. We booked the camel ride and dune bashing which were both fantastic, and any visit to this resort must include a sunset walk to the top of the very large dune that stands adjacent to the resort (free!) The views from the top were spectacular. The rest of our time was spent swimming and relaxing around the pool. The drive to the resort from Abu Dhabi takes a few hours, but the road is excellent to travel on. We found the climate in January to be perfect (22-25 celsius and sunny) and it allowed us explore the resort and surrounds in comfort, whilst still being warm enough to enjoy the pool. Mid-year when the UAE is at its hottest could be challenging at this resort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear bellarineGeelong,

Thank you for your lovely review about your stay last January 2014.

I have read with pleasure your positive comments on our accommodation and service. It will be a great motivation for the teams concerned to hear about your satisfaction and I will not fail to let them know. Moreover, your comments about the variety of dishes are well received as we work on enhancing our Food & Beverage selection thus offering more choices.

May I thank you once again for sharing your amazing experience at Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara. We will always welcome the opportunity to be service.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed for a babymoon with my beautiful expecting wife. The staff, location and facilities and world class. Would hihgly recommend to dining by design which although expensive is a very romantic way to pass the evening. Also leave plenty of room for the quite excellent buffet breakfast with beautiful view. Will be coming again and again.

Room Tip: Bring jumpers for Dine and Design in the winter months. Arrive early to take advantage of the views...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Athers81
Dear Athers81,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your recent stay.

I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction on your overall experience. We pride ourselves on ensuring that guests leave with a fond memory and few wonderful stories of their visit at our resort. Furthermore, we are truly grateful for recommending our signature dine by design.

Meanwhile, our sincere thanks for your continuous support and we are glad to hear that you intend to stay with Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara once more. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were three adults with two children ages 4 and 5. We stayed 3 nights in garden rooms which was perfect and there was lot of room to lounge outside and for the kids to play and picnic. We didn't take any trips as there was so much to do from climbing sand dunes, playing tennis and playing in the swimming pools. I would definitely recommend this hotel, great service, food facilities. Definitely five star treatment from start to finish.

Room Tip: We had a garden room which gave us lots of extra space for the kids to play or have a picnic.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ODonnelAbu
Dear ODonnelAbu,

I appreciate the time you took to post your superb review about your recent stay.

I am happy to note that you were impressed by the hotel, its location and facilities. I am also glad to hear that you were pleased with the service and hospitality extended to you and your family by our dedicated associates. I will be sure to pass your great review to the rest of Qasr Al Sarab team.

Once again, our earnest appreciation for sharing your wonderful experience and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have been to many hotels throughout the world; however this experience is one I shall never forget. It was magical from arrival to departure. Anyone who gives a review other than praise is misleading. I could actually go on to write pages and pages about the place everything from the decor to the spa was outstanding. Staff are genuinely happy from what I could tell. This says alot about the service you get and it was worth every penny. The trip was with my 14 year old son who is difficult to please and already we are planning our next visit...In terms of cost you absolutely get what you pay for whether it is the surroundings service or food. The food was outstanding, and considering the hotel is literally in the middle of nowhere the cost of food in Alwaha was reasonable.

However, my one complaint which in all fairness I didn't bring up with the hotel at the time was a particular member of staff who made part of the stay "extremely uncomfortable" for the both of us. He completely let Management down by his unacceptable behaviour especially considering the absolute quality of service otherwise. I did feed this back through a review I was asked to give online upon arrival back in the UK, interestingly I have not heard back from anyone.

Please do not let this deter you from planning a stay at the resort, however personally I would want the issue I faced to be sorted if I was to return. Yes I could have complained but chose not to, I was only there for 3 days and really didn't want the hassle of complaining and in the grand scheme of things was insignificant although uncomfortable for me personally. Senior Management were visible and available at the hotel and I'm sure would have addressed the situation had I complained but I feel it would have ruined my stay.

Well done to everyone at this resort for getting it so very right..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear SFrites,

Thank you for your honest review and valuable comments about your recent stay.

While we are happy to note that you had an enjoyable time with us, we were saddened to hear about 1 negative feedback you have highlighted with regards to the unacceptable behavior of one of our associates. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that these caused you. I greatly appreciate that you remained gracious throughout the difficulties that you encountered. Furthermore, I would like to discuss your concerns offline at your earliest convenience, appreciate if you could please contact me on pboth@anantara.com in order for us to take possible measures and ensure that you will not face the same issue on your next visit to the resort.

I hope this incident did not spoil your good impression about Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort and I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Patrick Both
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamim
Hilton Garden Inn Ras Al Khaimah
#1 of 7 in Umm Al Quwain
No photo provided
Paragon Hotel Apartments
#13 of 32 in Abu Dhabi

Been to Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara? Share your experiences!