“Great holiday, perfect for the kids”

Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hamim
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great holiday, perfect for the kids”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were three adults with two children ages 4 and 5. We stayed 3 nights in garden rooms which was perfect and there was lot of room to lounge outside and for the kids to play and picnic. We didn't take any trips as there was so much to do from climbing sand dunes, playing tennis and playing in the swimming pools. I would definitely recommend this hotel, great service, food facilities. Definitely five star treatment from start to finish.

Room Tip: We had a garden room which gave us lots of extra space for the kids to play or have a picnic.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ODonnelAbu
PAB77, General Manager at Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear ODonnelAbu,

I appreciate the time you took to post your superb review about your recent stay.

I am happy to note that you were impressed by the hotel, its location and facilities. I am also glad to hear that you were pleased with the service and hospitality extended to you and your family by our dedicated associates. I will be sure to pass your great review to the rest of Qasr Al Sarab team.

Once again, our earnest appreciation for sharing your wonderful experience and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Patrick Both

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have been to many hotels throughout the world; however this experience is one I shall never forget. It was magical from arrival to departure. Anyone who gives a review other than praise is misleading. I could actually go on to write pages and pages about the place everything from the decor to the spa was outstanding. Staff are genuinely happy from what I could tell. This says alot about the service you get and it was worth every penny. The trip was with my 14 year old son who is difficult to please and already we are planning our next visit...In terms of cost you absolutely get what you pay for whether it is the surroundings service or food. The food was outstanding, and considering the hotel is literally in the middle of nowhere the cost of food in Alwaha was reasonable.

However, my one complaint which in all fairness I didn't bring up with the hotel at the time was a particular member of staff who made part of the stay "extremely uncomfortable" for the both of us. He completely let Management down by his unacceptable behaviour especially considering the absolute quality of service otherwise. I did feed this back through a review I was asked to give online upon arrival back in the UK, interestingly I have not heard back from anyone.

Please do not let this deter you from planning a stay at the resort, however personally I would want the issue I faced to be sorted if I was to return. Yes I could have complained but chose not to, I was only there for 3 days and really didn't want the hassle of complaining and in the grand scheme of things was insignificant although uncomfortable for me personally. Senior Management were visible and available at the hotel and I'm sure would have addressed the situation had I complained but I feel it would have ruined my stay.

Well done to everyone at this resort for getting it so very right..

Dear SFrites,

Thank you for your honest review and valuable comments about your recent stay.

While we are happy to note that you had an enjoyable time with us, we were saddened to hear about 1 negative feedback you have highlighted with regards to the unacceptable behavior of one of our associates. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that these caused you. I greatly appreciate that you remained gracious throughout the difficulties that you encountered. Furthermore, I would like to discuss your concerns offline at your earliest convenience, appreciate if you could please contact me on pboth@anantara.com in order for us to take possible measures and ensure that you will not face the same issue on your next visit to the resort.

I hope this incident did not spoil your good impression about Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort and I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

LA
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Since the moment we arrived to the moment we sadly departed ,we were living in a dream.
Qasr Al Sarad stay is like living in one of the Aladdin castle. the room/villa was amazingly clean, very well appointed and nicely decorated. the hotel offers all kind of activities, even though you are 200km in the middle of nowhere, the staff make you feel like at home. highly recommend the mojitos at the pool bar.
Amazing experiences that I recommend every one to try at least once in the life. speechless since minute 1. Try the Spa, highly recommend the Hammam treatment.
special mention to Douglas and his HK team for making our stay unforgettable.
we cant wait to come back soon. Thanks so much all of you! :)

Room Tip: Try egg benedict and any of the spa treatments.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear AntonyLa,

We are striving for excellence in all areas of the resort and as guest satisfaction is of paramount importance to us, we are most grateful to you for your splendid review.

It was a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your visit last month. We are happy to hear that you were impressed with your overall experience. You kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it always gratifying to receive such praise. Please be assured the same will be shared to the rest of the team most especially to Douglas and the Housekeeping team.

Please do visit us again and we will be more than happy to ensure that your next stay will be as memorable as the recent one.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Arranged an overnight stay for my Husbands Birthday, wanted somewhere different from the hustle of Dubai. I read reviews before going, all are correct, truly amazing. From the reception staff to Anander Head Bar Man, Soe our waiter to Jazeed assisting us around the pool, they were really friendly, interesting, totally natural, no forced "Hello Sir/Madam here!" Staff seemed genuinely happy to help you. There was a feeling they are also being looked after by a great GM, and it shows in their kindness. Food was wonderful, my steak was like butter,delicious then they presented my Husband a beautiful cake to end a wonderful evening. The setting is breathtaking, and you must take a walk up the dunes and look back at the Resort, but bring water!! Highly recommend going, although it was a long way of just one night....I would do it all again, brilliant!

Room Tip: Just check the AC is working whilst your guide is with you
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Yvonne4444,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your generous review after your recent stay at Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara.

When a guest chooses our hotel for a special occasion such as birthday celebration, we strive to provide memorable services. I am delighted to learn that you have lifetime memory having celebrated your Husband’s special day here at our resort. You have mentioned Ananda, Soe and Javeed who are superstars. I will be sure to personally thank them and pass along your great comments.

In the meantime, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the resort and making each and every special occasion of yours a memorable one.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Beautiful hotel
Plus points:
> rooms/hotel/food
> staff very friendly and helpful (some of the best experienced)
> Gorgeous location
Negative
> DAMN pesky sparrows around the pool bar (cover your peanuts)!
> Couldn't shut AC off in room

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GMYM295424,

Thank you for your honest review and for celebrating your birthday with us.

We are glad that we were able to create a positive experience for you and you found our staff and service of high quality. Please be assured that your kind comments will be shared with the rest of Qasr Al Sarab team. Moreover, it was so kind of you to bring to our attention your feedback about the air-conditioning and pigeons around the pool bar. We thank you for letting us know of your concerns and regret the inconvenience caused.

We look forward to greeting you again for another special occasion and to the privilege of extending to you once again Anantara hospitality.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed three nights and I would have loved to stay longer. The hotel rises up from the desert after a 2 hour ride from Abu Dhabi airport. It is in the middle of the Liwa desert with red sand.
We were welcomed by a few staff members who ensured we received something to drink and eat in the lobby while waiting for our check-in and room to be ready. Since we arrived on the 24th December, it must have been one of the more busier days of the year for them.

Our room was amazing: we booked the terrace room which was just far enough from the main building. The terrace is massive with a bench with cushions overlooking the desert, 2 loungers and a dining table. The bathroom had a huge round bath (interesting in the middle of the desert) and the room was in Arabian style overlooking the desert.

We decided to try room service for the first night as we wanted to enjoy our terrace: the Arabian mezze were really nice. The only thing was they never picked up the plates & food after dinner although they agreed to pick it up after 2 hours.

The pool area is very large but was very crowded as well on x-mas day – you nearly had to fight for a chair. But the other 2 days it was fine and we got a couple of loungers on the desert side overlooking the sand. Free water is provided.
The only thing was there being something very sharp in the shallow area in the pool were I cut my food pretty seriously.

There are several restaurants in the hotel, we tried the buffet one which had a decent selection of food (x-mas dinner buffet). The other restaurant was fully booked. I enjoyed they had some Arabian food as well. Service was friendly and good. Same for breakfast: huge selection of food, nice service. If you sit outside on the terrace (they do have heaters) and overlook the sand, it does not feel like you are in a buffet restaurant. The third night we had the Al Falaj experience with sitting on cushions in the dessert. It was very cold that night so our bbq-ed food cooled down pretty quickly. We went inside into the tent for tea afterwards. I was not too impressed by the quality of the food that night but it was a nice experience to sit under the stars.

The hotel offers a lot of activities and we tried the camel trek: very touristic. The camels walk in a line tied to each other. It is great for a 7 year old though. Afterwards there were some snacks and drinks in the desert.
We did the dune safari in a 4x4 as well, the soft one because going with child. Thankfully the driver did a few trips over the dunes otherwise it would have been a car ride into the desert which the other car did in front of us. Ours went a bit off-road to see some wild animals and got us stuck on top of a dune and showed hwo he got the car out within a few minutes. Amazing experience to be in the middle of the desert and to see how they drive cars in the sand.
My husband did the mountain biking as well.

This is a very good hotel with very good service and offering an amazing desert experience. I could stay here for a week and enjoy the views, food and spa (hammam was really good!)
The hotel is very large so during the peak season it might be a good idea to get a pool villa for a bit more privacy unless you prefer lying bed to bed at the pool.

Definitely hope to return!

Room Tip: Ask for a terrace room with the terrace bench being at the desert side for the view. Some rooms have...
2 Thank Mariken v
Dear Mariken v,

Thank you for the time you took to post a review about your stay with us, it is sincerely appreciated.

We always pride ourselves on ensuring that our guests leave with a fond memory and few wonderful stories of their stay at our resort. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience thus your feedback is extremely valuable as we maintain the consistency in our service delivery towards our valued guests. I assure you of my personal attention to this matter.

Apart from the points you have mentioned, we are happy to know that you enjoyed your visit. We all look forward to the prospect of welcoming you back to our resort in a not too distant future.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 10, 2014

we stayed here for 4 nights. This area is as fabulous as we saw on photos. you can get everything here, breath-taking desert view, comfy room, professional service, delicious Arabic food, swimming pool, spa, kids club, gym, organized activities. We took desert sunset walking everyday. Our four years old daughter enjoys running on warm and soft sands. Almost every one know her name after first day stay. She spent a half day in swimming pool and another half day in kids club. My husband and I leave her there and we walk around or go for spa. it is a really relax and unforgettable vacation. We saw falcon in lobby before we checked out and we took photo with it. It's an amazing experience.

Dear Eeco T,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post your wonderful review.

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate you sharing your amazing experience in particular the excellent service and hospitality provided to you.

In the meantime, we thank you once again for your great appreciation of the resort and valued patronage. We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service to you once more in the future.

Patrick Both
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamim
Century Hotel Apartments
#1 of 7 in Umm Al Quwain
Danat Capital Hotel
Danat Capital Hotel
#5 of 31 in Abu Dhabi

Been to Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara? Share your experiences!