“Great authentic spa! High quality therapists and pleasant treatment rooms”

Railay Village Resort
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Railay Beach
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great authentic spa! High quality therapists and pleasant treatment rooms”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I didn't stay here, but will probably choose this next time. Why? The spa was very good, nice staff and the authentic Thai feeling in good quality rooms. My treatment was very good, and I live in Thailand, so my expectations are high! Well done!
Looked at the resort facilities and looks fresh and lovely, both from design and quality. Good location on the Railey west beach.
Will return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank Sissel Henriett... L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had two days planned at Railay Village Resort to butter up my woman before we set off to Koh Lanta where I was planning the perfect proposal. We spent the first day hiking and enjoying the best of Railay. I have visited 5 times previously. As we were getting cleaned up for the afternoon an employee banged down our door and yelled TSUNAMI 8.5 earthquake RUUUUNNNNNN! Mostly naked we ran for our lives, door open, belongings left behind. We pulled a five and half minute mile uphill to the "safe zone" along with couple thousand people at our sides. After several hours it was declared safe to return to the room. As we approached the beach, a couple locals yelled again, THE WATER IS DISAPPEARING RUN! And again we ran to the top of the hill. At this point we decided that we would be the last people off the hill and when we returned it was dark and late evening. We were expecting our room to be rummaged through, however the hotel had made one man stay behind (risk his life) to protect from looters. Our room was secured and locked up. The restaurant had even made some food for all the guests that was waiting at the front desk. Everyone was shook up, from the scare and the tsunami pre-warning system was officially tested and proven. We later found out that Railay is notified 1 hour ahead of any threats, so plenty of time to get to safety. The upside was we spent about 6 hours on a hillside meeting people from all over the world. Got some great exercise and have a story that will last a life time. The way the hotel handled the situation gets 5 stars. The beauty of the room and the grounds get 5 stars. I would stay again for a special occasion as it's a bit pricey for Thailand.

Room Tip: Closest rooms to the beach are the best.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jake D
london
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I walked into and looked at every hotel on west railay beach (not many) before booking here. For me its far better than east if yiu don't mind splashing out a bit.

To each their own but this IS the best hotel, best rooms, best location (in middle of beach and close to shops, restaurants which we like.

However, and as some other reviews have indicated plus my own thoughts - 1) yes, it is expensive and not exactly worth the money but there really is no other choice 2) the service overall is pretty terrible and I'm not hung up about this but true that they don't really seem to care - not like other parts of Thailand 3) they don't serve alcohol as its a Muslim establishment but no biggie IMO as shops are literally 40 yds away so bring your own 4) true there are constant boats all day which surprisingly is a little annoying BUT BUT this place is still amazing, the hotel is better than the rest and overall I can't see how anyone would not live this place unless you're after a quieter and less busy place. If so probably this isn't your place. One word on the Rayavadee - pretty good hotel too but was bit further down bottom of beach and again very expensive. If you want a genuinely nice place here you have to pay over the odds. Shame but it is what it is I suppose. Have fun!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank smithbc
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Railay Village Resort is one of three resorts with a frontage on the stunningly beautiful west beach of Railay.

I stayed in a downstairs room by the pool. It was really quite cool having my balcony a metre away from the pool - It meant I could lounge by the pool and then wander back to my room if I felt like it. I set up a little base camp at both the pool and my balcony and didn't lock my door as I could watch it from the pool.

The pool is about 75 metres long and landscaped with many palm trees and flowering shrubs - it is quite beautiful. You can swim right upto your rooms. I do, however, question the cleanliness of the pool - it looked a bit cloudy on some days. Having said that it was nicer swimming in the pool than the beach.

Room service was prompt and friendly. The food at the resort was uniformly bad. I kept ordering it as I like room service but became fascinated in how they could mess up my increasingly simple menu choices - a hamburger that was both under and over cooked (bun burnt, patty raw), a tuna sandwich served with burnt fries and most bizarrely - banana fritters served with chocolate chip ice cream and a bed of shredded cabbage. To be fair the food all over Railay is really awful so this wasn't any better or worse.

I moved to Railay Bay Resort to Railay Village Resort and the difference in quality was incredible. A lot of people of Trip Advisor have commented that this resort is run by Muslims. Who cares? They were doing a great job. It really just meant you couldn't order cocktails. I just bought beer at one of the zillions of mini marts nearby and drank them by the pool. The staff didn't care.

The rooms in Railay Village Resort were clean and well thought out. I liked that your room was part of the pool area but if you pulled the heavy curtaining across you gained privacy.

The furniture and flooring were an attractive hardwood. I loved the 'rain' shower head - the shower had very water pressure and got very hot. My bedding was comfortable and clean. Much better than the lumpen mattress I was offered at the Railay Bay Resort.

Everyone on Railay is really laid back. I called it "Island Time" so you couldn't really get annoyed at the service levels. I got taken care of at Railay Village Resort by one guy, named Bao who organised a boat for me to visit local islands and also told places to visit.

I would recommend the Railay Village Resort over the other resorts that I saw at Railay for its unique location and the high quality rooms.

Room Tip: -The Villas are more private.I didn't find privacy a huge issue - I could hear the people in the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Christopher-Hus... B
Lahaina, Hawaii
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Arriving by longtail boat to an enchanted land with verdant limestone cliffs and an idyllic white sand beach should be enough to make any traveller smile. The Railay Village is the best spot in Railay Situated in the middle of Railay West. The bungalows are very nice and clean with touches of luxury. The grounds are well kept and the pools were also nice although we spent most of our time in the ocean or out exploring. The complaint that they do not serve alcohol is silly since there are other places to eat and drink just steps away. We enjoyed going to the unique cave bar at the uber luxurious Rayavadee for sunset lychee martinis . I felt like I was in a James Bond movie . The Railay Village also has a spa which offers a great deal on their "honeymoon treatment" for two but be prepared to be there for hours and have a sense of humor.I can't think of a better place to end a Thailand adventure. We sat on the beach at night and launched floating lanterns into the sky. Railay is simply magical.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
South Bound Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed February 22, 2013

If you are willing to spend upwards of 5000 TBH per room per night, the Railay Village offers the best rooms on Railey West. The pool is just heavenly..there are 2 of them. The location is just stunning...from the balcony in your room you look around you and are surrounded by vertical cliffs. The resort is right on the beach as are most of the resorts and hotels in Railay...there aren't that many to start with. The service in the hotel is not that great...actually its not that the service is bad its just there isn't much service to start with....but if you are just looking to be left alone thats great. But the rooms are clean and quite luxurious.. We were 3 couples and we stayed in the pool view deluxe rooms overlooking the pool towards the back of the resort. Theres a lot of privacy as you are away from the beach which can get crowded during the day, as a lot of day trippers come to Railay from Ao Nang and other nearby towns as this is one of the best beach's around.The Resort also has a nice Spa, as attested by the lady's in our group... The restaurant in the resort is located on the beach and serves up average resort fare, the fish is fresh and the thai cuisine is fine...not the most authentic but more suitable for the tourists. Right next to the resort is Walking Street an alley with a bar and some street vendors selling some delicious street food...pancakes, Roti, Burgers etc. The Bar at the entrance of walking street is a heaven sent as the Resort is Alcohol Free!! No Alcohol...so better have plenty of cash at hand to buy what you need next door at the bar. You can take the drinks over to the Resort restaurant and have with your meal. The cocktails at the Bar next door were real nice...especially Pinacolada's!! And in the evening they have fire dancers in front of the Bar on the beach for sun downers!! The bar next door also serves some light bar snacks and light meals cold beer and stunning views of the beach....they also had an acoustic guitarist playing some solid slide guitar....just paradise. Walking street is also where you can sign up for Rock Climbing and pick up any other gear you may need. Railay West is the better beach, compared to East Railay...but the climbing is better on the east. Also the night life is over on the East side...its just a 10 min walk from West to East...and the East party's till late!! The resort is reached from Ao Nang by Boat. Closest airport is Krabi Airport....If you are young or youngish and love Rock Climbing, Lovely white sandy Beaches, Nice beach Bar and an active night life...but in a small beach comunity Railay is your place and Railay Village Resort helps you stay in style!! I will definitely be back soon....

Room Tip: Upper level Deluxe Pool Rooms over looking the pool are great. Individual Villa's are also avail...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jerry J
London
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days and I have to say i was impressed. I didn't expect much based on some reviews I have read. We had a great welcome on arrival. Our room was specious and clean and much nicer than expected. Beaches around is area are so beautiful that's why we didn't use the pool. This is a great escape from the world and a slower pace of life. If you fancy a drink and music then go to railay east at night. We saw the monkeys, lots of them and they come right up to you. We climbed the viewpoint, this is not for anyone that is unfit. It was a great adventure though and a great view at the top.

• Stayed February 2013
#1 of 13 in Railay Beach
Sand Sea Resort
Sand Sea Resort
#5 of 13 in Railay Beach

Been to Railay Village Resort? Share your experiences!