“The most perfect hotel ever.”

Railay Village Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Railay Beach
Egypt
“The most perfect hotel ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I don't know where other people have been that they would consider this resort as anything less than 5 Stars - no, it is not formal, but it's on the beach and formality is not what makes a good resort. A great resort and hotel is about comfort and amenities, and this place has that in spades.
The foremost amenity is the almost surreal beauty of the grounds; the tropical lushness combined with animal life - frogs, birds, monkey, fish - that is right on your doorstep is fabulous beyond compare.
The style and design of the pool, walkways, rooms and bungalows took my breath away every time I saw it. There is nothing not to love here, in fact I stayed 9 days instead of the 2 I had planned, and splurged out.
I am not some neophyte who's never been out of the house - I have lived and traveled all over the world, especially in SE Asia where there are some amazing resorts, and also equally amazing places for only a few bucks a night.
I felt this place was a real value for the money, and yes the location is superb. I thought the food at the restaurant was also quite good, some of it deliciously fabulous and not terribly overpriced given that it's a resort restaurant. As a professional chef, caterer and restauranteur, I was especially impressed by the professionalism of the restaurant staff - the alacrity in which they performed their duties, the speed in which they did them, the care and attention I received. Only one time was an order slow in all the 9 days that I ate there - and I never ate anywhere else. Thought breakfast was well served too, lots of good stuff.
The other thing I like about this place (I'm still here, actually!) is that it is very kid friendly and there are lots of families with young kids (and oldsters like me, 49 and up). Personally, I like the vibe that kids give a place, some may not like it.
Highly recommend this place and would come back in a flash.

Room Tip: They all look good from where I'm sitting......
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank usedtoworkthereQUIT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

We had the good fortune of switching to Railay Village Resort after a VERY disappointing stay at another hotel on the West Beach. Good fortune = terrific service, clean room, free WiFi, great pools (steps from our front door), excellent location directly adjacent to the Walking Street, and easy access to the night life on Railay Beach East. Oh, and the BEST coffee in Railay!!!! You won't regret a stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2_traveling_pants
Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

We first arrived and have to wait for 3 hrs to check in so we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant because we don't want to searching for another one, just ordered some easy Thai food we've wait for 20 mins for our drink, food have been serve and we still not get our drink, by 2 pm we check in to the room was really impress room is really nice big and clean and the pool just in front of the room just two step, it's a shame that reception and waiter must me the first impressive for the hotel but they all are nor friendly, hotel itself is in good location can walk easily to the east side, try the food from the last bar really good price, we will definitely come back to railay again but might be not this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank jeltanic
The Hague
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Railay is a very nice place to stay. Lost from the busy world, no road leads you to Railay, you can only come there by boat.

Railay Village offers all luxury you can imagine. Spacy rooms, comfortable beds and restful rooms. Very service minded staff and again the location is heaven.... I Would definitely recommend this place. Only a few days, at the end of your holiday or in between to relax to the max! The restaurant is also good and the service is very good!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as part of our honeymoon, we managed to get a room by the pool. The hotel is just perfect.

Bathrooms stunning, two swimming pools.

I would defiantly go here again

• Stayed April 2011
Capalaba, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

My daughter and I stayed for five nights at Railay Village Resort as we went to a friend's wedding there two weeks ago. The gardens were just lovely [and I am a keen gardener] and the beach was lovely too - of course, much too hot for Australians who don't go out in the mid-day sun! The rooms in the deluxe cottages were not five star but then we did not pay a five star price for them; however, they were very clean, tea/coffee was available in your room and the shower was warm. We had a connecting room and I felt even for one the price was quite good. Breakfast was included, lovely omelettes and fresh fruit and juice with other hot food options. The place could definitely do with a refurb, but you do not spend a lot of time in your room anyway.

The spa was just great, prices were excellent and Poom does a great massage. The traditional Thai massage was my favourite and I would definitely use and recommend the spa - the girls were just lovely there.

My daughter felt she would stay at a more upmarket place but I thought the value was there - tourism is a big business in Thailand but that does not mean that we should expect Thailand to be our home country with our home country standards.

I would go back but definitely take mosquito repellant. There was a lovely beach around the corner too and we enjoyed a swim there - apparently there were restaurants there too though we ate at the resort. Definitely the service was slow, but this is Thai time [and your on holidays too - what's the rush?] and the view from the restaurant made up for the lack of service timewise.

I did not have any trouble sleeping at night, except one night the monkeys were noisy running over the roof. They were however as cute as when you saw them.

Definitely recommend the area, well worth the flight from Bangkok to Krabi; however, if you want noise and shops, go the Phuket. You can get a boat over to other islands i.e. Phuket.

The girls on reception did not speak much English; however, they must come across people from all over the world, Russians, Spanish, Brazilian, etc., so we can't expect them to understand every language.

Room Tip: Make sure you take mosquitto repellant and go to the spa resort and ask for Poom and have a Thai mas...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Draper, UT.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

There is an old saying in real estate that says the three most important things to remember when choosing a property are location, location, location. Railay Village Resort has all three of those. It is right on one of the most amazing beaches I have ever been to. In my estimation it is worth much! That said, the rooms are a bit older, but clean. The pool is beautiful, but in my hours poolside, it was quite noisy! The jacuzzi pool never seemed to turn off, and employees and carts traveling back and forth were really loud. We used their concierge to book a day trip and he did a great job, even checking on us the day of the trip to make sure we knew exactly where to go. The front desk held bags at check in and check out when we were there a bit too early, or too late. The service in the restaurant was insanely slow....but we didn't mind so much because of the view. Definitely stay in Railay West vs. Railay East...no beach on other side. Ugly mangroves, and lots of garbage there. If I were just ranking on the rooms and pool I'd only give it 3 stars, but because you can't beat the location it's upgraded to 4.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Rayavadee Resort
Rayavadee Resort
#1 of 13 in Railay Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,725 reviews

Been to Railay Village Resort? Share your experiences!