Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our wooden bungalow was lovely, clean and had great air con although expensive for what it is but it seems that is the norm for Railay now. The location is good for East beach of Railay and takes 10 mins to walk to the West beach. There are bars and eating places near but far enough away that they don't disturb.

I would suggest that if you can get a room without breakfast then do and save yourself the money. The breakfast was awful - pre cooked rubbish left to stand replenished by miserable staff! I would suggest going to the nearby eateries and have more choice of freshly cooked breakfast food.

The pool is a bonus although not the cleanest it is adequate to have a dip to cool off.

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank thomasajmurray
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This resort is in the best possible location on east railay, right next to the path that takes you to west railay 5-10 min walk. If you have never been to railay then east has no beach but most of the hotels, dining, and bars, west has the beach and very few bars or dining. It really does not matter which one you stay at because they are very close, i am a big beach person and did not find east to be an issue at all. We stayed here over NYE, and it was excellent, the room is bigger than what you would expect in Thailand, they are all individual bungalows, bathroom is semi open air, and not great on a upkeep side but it was clean and what you would expect in the tropics in Thailand, Service was great even by US standards. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. All in all a good place to stay for clean comfortable rooms, good service, great location, and a resonable price.

Room tip: Bungalows further back will be quieter
Date of stay: January 2013
2  Thank Grant1234
Reviewed January 10, 2013

First off we made a reservation on expedia. They put us into a room that looked liked it did not often see guest and smelled of cigrettes. We asked to be moved, this took a very long time. The rooms are ok, basic accommodation, but they are a fair size. The pool area is not that well kept, but it is nice to have a pool. There was never really room a the few pool chairs that they had. Would not go back as it is too expensive for what you get.

Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank hornbyisland84
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Ok, so Railay on paper sounds very confusing and for someone who hasn't been, you don't know where the hotels you are booking are.

Tonsai: you only want to stay here if you don't mind having no electricity in the day. Rooms are cheap for a reason. Full of die hard rock climbers, it has a very backpacker atmosphere.

West Railay: this is the beach you expect to have all over Railay, it's not the case, this is the only beach you really have in your head when you imagine Thailand (apart from Phrang beach which is just packed). Also, life winds down much earlier on this side than in East Railay and doesn't actually have that many bars and restaurants anyway. They are also all more expensive than on East Railay. But, it is only about a 7 minute walk to the East side, though bring a torch as street lights there are not.

East Railay:

Home to the bars, restaurants and cheaper than West Railay accommodations. There are some really expensive hotels on this side which surprises me as there is no beach. I'm not sure I would want t pay in excess of £100 for a room with no beach outside. When the tide is out, it looks pretty grotty here, but when it comes in, it is lovely. I had the misfortune of first seeing it with tide out and wondered what the hell attracted people here.

Anyway, Anyavee; having traipsed around in the unforgiving heat looking for something not outrageously priced and not grotty I stumbled across this place as I figured I might as well see how much it cost. I was very surprised to find a bungalow only cost 1,500 baht when for just 500baht, bungalows were pretty gross and tiny. So I snapped it up. The hotel is very well kept, clean restaurant, pool area and well maintained gardens.

The bungalow was great, very spacious and clean. All come equipped with TV (including Fox movies!), safe, tea and coffee making facilities and aircon. Be warned though, the steps down to the shower in the bathroom are treacherous and almost knocked me unconscious when I slipped on them.

The staff were lovely, very helpful. Breakfast was ok, it seems that no hotel in Thailand gives you proper coffee which really sucks. Food was initially restaurant style in low season so you had to wait for food to come to your table ( I guess they didn't have too many guests so it was more economic this way), so this was good, but when it turned high season and the hotel packed out, breakfast changed to buffet style which was good in that I got more food, but bad in that it was only luke warm, even when I had breakfast at 8.30am.

NO FREE WIFI, once again, the lack of free wifi strikes again. This hotel charges 2 baht per minute, which amounts to 120baht per hour, that's £2.50 an hour- way more than England! I don't understand how cheaper hotels can afford to offer it and yet Anyavee can't (claiming it's because they source the internet from someone else - so get your own yeah?).

Internet aside, I had a very pleasant 10 days in this hotel, and very nicely even though I overlapped into high season, the hotel kept my daily price at low season rate which I thought was sweet.

The hotel is just on the edge of East Railay bars and restaurant, so far enough away to be able to sleep without noise, but close enough for a quick stroll in.

Room tip: I didn't hear great things about the rooms, but the bungalows are great.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank AdAstra80
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel just because it provided us with a basic AC room with quite good location for a reasonable price ( compared to other options in Raillay) -1100 for superior room.

Every night during our stay we've found lizards and different cockroaches in our apartment.
It is not what you would expect to find in a good quality hotel.

Overall the best thing i've found in this hotel is it's location.Few steps away from different small "restaurants" and bars and on the same time within a short walk distance ( ~ 10 minute ) from the Phra Nang beach.

P.S
Frankly speaking, despite all the recommendations from my friends and the exciting reviews that i've found on the tripadvisor site i didn't find on Raillay beach anything worth visiting besides it's great Phra Nang beach.
So i wouldn't come back again to Raillay as well as to Anyavee Resort.

P.P.S
Currently there is a very big construction work on Raillay , so it's more than recommended to check whether your room is located before booking it.

Date of stay: September 2012