My friend and I recently stayed at this hotel for a few nights. Granted, it was in the middle of a tropical storm, so we didn't have any fun anyway, but the hotel didn't make the experience any better. It is a nice place, and the grounds are very beautiful, but the staff wasn't very friendly, particularly in comparison to all the other Thailand hotels we stayed at where the service was impeccable. We checked into our room and everything was damp, even the bed covers. They moved us to another room, which was definitely a downgrade, but at least it wasn't moist (they didn't offer us any money back, either.) The restaurant isn't good at all, and we met others who stayed there who said the same thing. The breakfast was included, but the staff stands there and stares at you while you eat, like they're afraid you're gonna steal something. They have a transportation desk, but they don't tell you the truth about boats, times, etc. They only tell you when the boats that they receive a kickback on are leaving. Walk down to the area where all the bars are and arrange your transportation through one of those kiosks. We were told by our hotel one morning that the last boat to Phi Phi had already departed; meanwhile we went down to another travel desk and they said a boat was coming in an hour, and it did. And God help you if you get rained in like we did. There is nothing to do there! We rented some DVDs, but the selection was really crappy. We checked out a night early, even though we had already paid for the last night, as we just wanted to leave Railay at that point. I only give it three stars because the hotel itself and the grounds are very nice and well kept, with gorgeous views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A pearl in the Andaman for you to touch." Railay Bay Resort & Spa is part of an exclusive group of resorts that have beach front access to the renowned Railay Beach, which is perfectly located in Krabi, a most picturesque province. You will find that we are the only beach resort that has a West to East orientation at Railay Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Railay Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Railay Bay Resort And Spa
- Railay Bay Hotel Krabi Town
- Railay Bay Resort & Spa Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand