Princess Budget Wing at Railay Princess Resort & Spa
Rayavadee Resort(Railay Beach)
$432
$305
  • Breakfast included
Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$87
$84
  • Breakfast included
Railay Village Resort(Railay Beach)
$103
$99
  • Breakfast included
Sand Sea Resort(Railay Beach)
$69
$44
$77
$72
  • Pool
Railay Great View Resort and Spa(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$87
$55
  • Breakfast included
Sunrise Tropical Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$75
$58
  • Breakfast included
Anyavee Railay Resort(Railay Beach)
$27
$26
  • Breakfast included
Diamond Cave Resort(Railay Beach)
$19
$18
  • Restaurant
Railay Garden View Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$23
$19
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We arrived in Railey having booked no accommodations. We had no sense of direction and after asking on Railey West about some of the prices, and decided to head across the the east side in hopes of a place a little cheaper.
The first place we found was YaYa. I like what a previous review said: NoNo. It was late in the day and after having looked at 2 rooms, we just settled on the one on the ground floor. The one on the 3rd floor looked as if it hadn't been lived in OR cleaned in quite some time.
The bathroom had a disgusting smell so we had to keep the door closed and the bed had NO mosquito net. Needless to say, neither of us slept well that night.
There was a tree stump hidden behind the dresser! The rooms are very dark and seem a little bit creepy, like staying in a cave.

No major problems but we will never stay here again. There is a nice place just down the beach a little called Anyvadee which was just 200 baht more and MUCH cleaner.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TorontoTara
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I didn't actually stay here, but they treated me horribly. They showed me the room...seemed ok at first glance, definitely budget but ok. When I went back there it took only a minute closer look to realize that it was simply uninhabitable. Sewerage smells, everything was dirty including the bed linen (only an undersheet - a real sheet cost 600 Baht extra I found), room wasn't secure at all, etc. I went directly back to the lobby and said I changed my mind (I didn't have a booking, just came in off the beach) and they said they'd have to keep 50% of the fee. The guy at the front desk (Nop) was horrible, yelled at me, couldn't give me an explanation, showed me another room just as bad, said he wouldn't contact the manager or anyone higher and basically treated me like dirt. I'm normally a pretty strong character but he reduced me to tears. The ladies there were lovely and tryed to comfort me, but they clearly couldn't do anything. I don't know who put this guy in a supervisory position, but he should be fired. Don't think I've ever met anyone so rude and nasty. Seriously just stay away!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Dunecat
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Fanned room was the size of a prison cell. Overpriced, poor service, horrible beach, rude smells, stay away!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank bmac81
Reviewed February 5, 2009

Hello. I just had to send a comment after getting so appalling service day after another that we were really out of patience.

We visited Railay Beach and stayed at Ya Ya resort. Especially the attitude in the restaurant staff and manager was amazingly rude. It was peak season, so I guess they didnt care one bit about customer satisfaction since there were so many. It was very normal that when ordered even the same food, the first portion came in 15 minutes and the second tood 1,5HOURS! Even though there was sometimes more staff than customers. And pretty much every time something in the order was wrong. We are very aware that critic is generally not well handled in Thailand, the Thais get offended. But we had no choice. Day after another service was ridiculous. And we reached our boiling point when the food was really badly cooked one day and we said that we didnt want to pay for it. The manager came, said that we have to pay, was very rude and walked away. WHAT IS THAT!? And I have to say that most of the Thai people in tourist locations are only nice as long as they have a prospect of making money from you. If you are not buying, or after you have paid, they dont bother hiding their rudeness.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JoukoHelsinki
Reviewed January 12, 2009

If you are looking for a palce to stay in Railay, don't even think about staying at the Ya Ya resort. Our stay there was horrendous! The place is completely over priced and a complete health hazard. They've got the back of the kitchen ontop of 16 of there guest rooms. The smell was atrocious and they are not all that keen on moving you or even attempting to make sure you enjoy your stay.

The Diamond Cave resort is a much better option, and there is another new place in jungle near Rock bar. Both are a way better option.

At the end of the day, Railay is the most awesome place, and another trip will definitely be in the pipeline shortly...

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends