“Don't go near this place!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Railay Beach
Princess Budget Wing at Railay Princess Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Railay Beach
Dubai/Sydney
“Don't go near this place!!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I didn't actually stay here, but they treated me horribly. They showed me the room...seemed ok at first glance, definitely budget but ok. When I went back there it took only a minute closer look to realize that it was simply uninhabitable. Sewerage smells, everything was dirty including the bed linen (only an undersheet - a real sheet cost 600 Baht extra I found), room wasn't secure at all, etc. I went directly back to the lobby and said I changed my mind (I didn't have a booking, just came in off the beach) and they said they'd have to keep 50% of the fee. The guy at the front desk (Nop) was horrible, yelled at me, couldn't give me an explanation, showed me another room just as bad, said he wouldn't contact the manager or anyone higher and basically treated me like dirt. I'm normally a pretty strong character but he reduced me to tears. The ladies there were lovely and tryed to comfort me, but they clearly couldn't do anything. I don't know who put this guy in a supervisory position, but he should be fired. Don't think I've ever met anyone so rude and nasty. Seriously just stay away!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank Dunecat

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
vancouver, canada
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Fanned room was the size of a prison cell. Overpriced, poor service, horrible beach, rude smells, stay away!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank bmac81

Travelers are raving about these Railay Beach hotels

Helsinki
Reviewed February 5, 2009

Hello. I just had to send a comment after getting so appalling service day after another that we were really out of patience.

We visited Railay Beach and stayed at Ya Ya resort. Especially the attitude in the restaurant staff and manager was amazingly rude. It was peak season, so I guess they didnt care one bit about customer satisfaction since there were so many. It was very normal that when ordered even the same food, the first portion came in 15 minutes and the second tood 1,5HOURS! Even though there was sometimes more staff than customers. And pretty much every time something in the order was wrong. We are very aware that critic is generally not well handled in Thailand, the Thais get offended. But we had no choice. Day after another service was ridiculous. And we reached our boiling point when the food was really badly cooked one day and we said that we didnt want to pay for it. The manager came, said that we have to pay, was very rude and walked away. WHAT IS THAT!? And I have to say that most of the Thai people in tourist locations are only nice as long as they have a prospect of making money from you. If you are not buying, or after you have paid, they dont bother hiding their rudeness.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JoukoHelsinki
London
Reviewed January 12, 2009

If you are looking for a palce to stay in Railay, don't even think about staying at the Ya Ya resort. Our stay there was horrendous! The place is completely over priced and a complete health hazard. They've got the back of the kitchen ontop of 16 of there guest rooms. The smell was atrocious and they are not all that keen on moving you or even attempting to make sure you enjoy your stay.

The Diamond Cave resort is a much better option, and there is another new place in jungle near Rock bar. Both are a way better option.

At the end of the day, Railay is the most awesome place, and another trip will definitely be in the pipeline shortly...

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank rick_traveller
Plymouth
Reviewed December 5, 2008

oh dear what can I say, probably just don't go. I had the misfortune to be booked in here for 2 nights, the first room they showed me resembled a bad prison cell and I'm not joking and they wanted £14 a night for that, I couldn't even consider it so paid extra for a room slightly better but couldn't wait for the 2 nights to be over. Railay is such a beautiful place but Ya Ya is the pits.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Cornishbabe
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed August 8, 2008

This place was horrible!!! We were pretty muched pressured into going to Railay by our taxi driver...when we got there by longtail boat we had no idea what to do...there are two sides to the island East & West, the west side has a couple of resorts that were way to much money for what we were looking for, but it was a nice beach compared to the east side which is like a swamp, the east side has more budget accomadations , had we walked farther we probably would have found a nicer room for our money...instead we ended up getting a room at the Ya-Ya resort...NO NO!!! First of all the guy at the front counter was incredibly rude... We walk into the room and there is a horrible smell, there was no air con just a fan and a window that was wide open with a ripped screen, there were 2 beds with dingy nasty mosquito nets over them, we opened the bathroom door to smell an even more foul oder than the room and also find a huge cockroach which we killed left on the floor of the bathroom, we then shut the door and put towels down to make sure the smell couldn't get any worse in our room than it already was!!! We went to the bar so we could spend as little time as possible in the room when we returned later that night, I needed to use the bathroom, so I opened the door only to find an army of ants eating and carrying away the dead cockroach...it was one of the most disgusting things I have ever witnessed and I was paying to stay there!!! Needless to say we woke up at around 6 am and got out of there!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank Do_What_I_Want
Brisbane
Reviewed March 16, 2008

Stayed at Yaya's for 2 nights as part of a tour. I enjoyed it and thought it was fine. Yes, the gardens are a bit unkempt and the rooms aren't modern but you don't come to Rai Leh to spend much time in the room!

I agree there's a swampy smell around some of the grounds but you can smell this all the way to Rai Leh West so it's not just Yaya's. We didn't see any rats at our stay and none of the rest of the tour did either.

The rooms are spacious enough, we had a twin fan cooled room. There's a decent enough balcony which we had overlooking the pathways and grounds to have a few afternoon drinks on. The back was facing onto construction but that's hardly the resorts fault?

We had a really great meal at the restaurant. There's also plenty of places down the mangrove end of Rai Leh East to eat and drink. Rai Leh East is never really suitable for swimming but it's only 3-5 minutes to the West beach.

Overall, I found Yaya's to be a comfortable, funky, simple laid back place. I didn't have any problems with the staff, cleanliness or rats. If you're wanting modern comforts it's probably not the place for you though!

• Liked — Restaurant, room balconies, location, laid back atmosphere
  • Disliked — Occaisional 'swamp' smell :-)
  • Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)