We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Railay Beach
Princess Budget Wing at Railay Princess Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Railay Beach
London
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

If you are looking for a palce to stay in Railay, don't even think about staying at the Ya Ya resort. Our stay there was horrendous! The place is completely over priced and a complete health hazard. They've got the back of the kitchen ontop of 16 of there guest rooms. The smell was atrocious and they are not all that keen on moving you or even attempting to make sure you enjoy your stay.

The Diamond Cave resort is a much better option, and there is another new place in jungle near Rock bar. Both are a way better option.

At the end of the day, Railay is the most awesome place, and another trip will definitely be in the pipeline shortly...

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank rick_traveller

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hebrew first
Plymouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2008

oh dear what can I say, probably just don't go. I had the misfortune to be booked in here for 2 nights, the first room they showed me resembled a bad prison cell and I'm not joking and they wanted £14 a night for that, I couldn't even consider it so paid extra for a room slightly better but couldn't wait for the 2 nights to be over. Railay is such a beautiful place but Ya Ya is the pits.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Cornishbabe

Travelers are raving about these Railay Beach hotels

Tacoma, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2008

This place was horrible!!! We were pretty muched pressured into going to Railay by our taxi driver...when we got there by longtail boat we had no idea what to do...there are two sides to the island East & West, the west side has a couple of resorts that were way to much money for what we were looking for, but it was a nice beach compared to the east side which is like a swamp, the east side has more budget accomadations , had we walked farther we probably would have found a nicer room for our money...instead we ended up getting a room at the Ya-Ya resort...NO NO!!! First of all the guy at the front counter was incredibly rude... We walk into the room and there is a horrible smell, there was no air con just a fan and a window that was wide open with a ripped screen, there were 2 beds with dingy nasty mosquito nets over them, we opened the bathroom door to smell an even more foul oder than the room and also find a huge cockroach which we killed left on the floor of the bathroom, we then shut the door and put towels down to make sure the smell couldn't get any worse in our room than it already was!!! We went to the bar so we could spend as little time as possible in the room when we returned later that night, I needed to use the bathroom, so I opened the door only to find an army of ants eating and carrying away the dead cockroach...it was one of the most disgusting things I have ever witnessed and I was paying to stay there!!! Needless to say we woke up at around 6 am and got out of there!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
9 Thank Do_What_I_Want
Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2008

Stayed at Yaya's for 2 nights as part of a tour. I enjoyed it and thought it was fine. Yes, the gardens are a bit unkempt and the rooms aren't modern but you don't come to Rai Leh to spend much time in the room!

I agree there's a swampy smell around some of the grounds but you can smell this all the way to Rai Leh West so it's not just Yaya's. We didn't see any rats at our stay and none of the rest of the tour did either.

The rooms are spacious enough, we had a twin fan cooled room. There's a decent enough balcony which we had overlooking the pathways and grounds to have a few afternoon drinks on. The back was facing onto construction but that's hardly the resorts fault?

We had a really great meal at the restaurant. There's also plenty of places down the mangrove end of Rai Leh East to eat and drink. Rai Leh East is never really suitable for swimming but it's only 3-5 minutes to the West beach.

Overall, I found Yaya's to be a comfortable, funky, simple laid back place. I didn't have any problems with the staff, cleanliness or rats. If you're wanting modern comforts it's probably not the place for you though!

• Liked — Restaurant, room balconies, location, laid back atmosphere
  • Disliked — Occaisional 'swamp' smell :-)
  • Stayed March 2008
glasgow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2008

YaYa is easily one of the cheapest places in Railay. The room was dark, gloomy and a little musty, but was cleaned on our arrival. The aircon and hot shower were functional and the bed was comfortable enough. Windows opened to a wall, and there is a lot of construction going on.

The entire resort had a very unappealing tattiness about it compared to everywhere else on the island. For a backpacker on a very low budget, cheaper accomodation in a nicer location can be found beside the Stone Bar. But then you have to forfeit the aircon!

While easily the worst place I stayed in Thailand during this holiday, it certainly better than sleeping on the beach. If everywhere else is booked out, you can slum it here.

• Liked — cheap and available
  • Disliked — tatty, dank and dark
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank john_tripping
Glasgow, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2007

i foolishly let a Bangkok TAT agent to book me into this resort, even though I had a vague memory of bad reviews on tripadvisor. I wanted to stay in Railay beach and this was the only available accommodation, as you may know, Railay beach is ridiculously expensive to stay in. I booked a "superior room" with aircon (the best they had) and hoped for the best.

On arrival, the first thing that hit us was the stench of bins and sewers that led us to Ya Ya. I can honestly say I could have found my way there blindfolded by scent alone. The place looked nothing like the brochure - The grounds were messy, unkempt, and skips full of bin bags were everywhere. Our room was on the 3rd floor of a very steep set of stairs, it was dark and gloomy, with laminated signs on the wall warning you that if you broke an ashtray you would get billed 200baht! The bathroom was the worst - a characterless tiled room with stagnant water on the floor, a sink tap that spluttered everywhere but the sink, a dribbling shower and a toilet that clogged up every time it was used.

I asked to be changed to another room and the girl at reception merely laughed and said i could do that next morning, as if she's had this complaint many times that day. I showed her the brochure and told her my room in no way resembled it. She said the only thing different was "the flowers" --- when in reality the brochure room was airy and bright.

We covered ourselves in industrial strength mosquito spray and hoped the morning would bring some solace. But alas it got worse! Woken by the nail guns of the workers building yet more awful bungalows in YaYa, I walked out into the balcony only to see that my view was a construction site in full swing! Constructions on BOTH sides! After a very mediocre breakfast served by fed up staff and a visit to the possibly the worst toilets I have ever seen at the restaurant, we decided to cut our losses and ask for a refund. All around us we could see the faces of disappointed new arrivals looking like they had just entered the river Stix rather than paradise. I then checked into the Somkiet Buri in Ao nang, which, for 1000 baht extra, was absolute paradise.

Please heed my warnings and only stay here if you are planning to stay in railay at all costs to your health and sanity!

• Liked — Getting a way from it! The wee bar next door
  • Disliked — The depressing overall ambiance and the construction work all round.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ThailandMad
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2007

The yaya is quite a bit cheaper than the other hotels in east+west railey. The fan bungalows are a good value- although it can get hot. If you use the mosquito net properly you should have no problem getting bitten. They are building more bungalows here, and I can honsetly say that I like this place, but it not luxury. The food at the cafe is good although there is definately a not so great smell in all of this side of railey.

People who complain of rats do not realize that these hotels are basically built in the jungle. It is unfortunate if you see one but, it can happen at any resort in this area. I did not see any but I could see how this is possible. Although very popular, this place often has rooms when all the other resorts in railey are booked. The beaches here, particularly the one at the point near rayvadee are spectacular.

Stayed November 2007