Railay is absolutely beautiful, and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Providing you don't stay at the Sand Sea Resort.
We stayed one night there in abject misery, and promptly left to stay at the far superior Railay Bay just next door.
Dreadful service, unimpressive and very basic rooms, and to cap it all we were ripped off horrendously at dinner. We ordered a fish barbecued (price by the 100g) - half an hour later someone else's leftovers arrived. They then had the temerity to try and charge us for 700g worth of fish - we saw at best 200g worth.
Thailand justifies it's name of the land of smiles. It's just a shame that they have rip-off places run by jokers. Avoid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With it's stunning views across majestic limestone outcrops, golden sands and the beautiful clear, turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea it's easy to see why Railay Beach is regarded as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And with our choice of private, luxurious bungalows and suites you can be sure your stay at the Sand Sea Resort will be a holiday you'll never forget. Experience for yourself the beautiful smiles of Asian hospitality whilst you dine at our beachside restaurant where we offer a choice of the very finest Thai cuisine, famed throughout the world, or alternatively choose from our wide section of delicious Chinese and Western dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sand Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Sea Hotel Railay Beach
- Sand Sea Krabi
- Sand Sea Resort Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand