Before I went to Krabi I searched for hotels in the area, and this was the only hotel with good reviews. I had never been to Thailand and only heard about thai people.....but unfortunately this is not a good review at all.
I am still staying at the hotel but my experience overall in my first 24 hours has been such a bad experience, I had to share it.
When I arrived to the airport, the driver was not there. It turned out that he was at another gate. It took me two calls to the hotel and 30 min later. Bless hum - it wasn't his fault. He drove me to the pier, where there was a 'boat' waiting for me to take me to the hotel. What nobody had informed me aviut, was that I was to sail 10 mins in total darkness in the boat.
I finally arrived to the hotel and I went to my room, Grand Deluxe, which is amazing.
Last night I ate dinner in the restaurant, which didn't taste of anything.
This morning when i went to breakfast, the staff doesn't salute you, no good morning...nothing.
The breakfast buffet is just okay, nothibg special at all. When I asked for cheese and/or ham on my bread, they said they don't have that.....what??? It may seem as a very small thing, but I don't just want to eat butter. They understand very little english, so it is nearly an undefeated assignment.
I had massage in the hotel - again a disappointment. She
could barely understand me, the massage was not good.
The service and friendliness is second to none. The girls in the minimarket look like they don't want to be there.
I decided to go to the restaurant next door - Railay Bay, where I experienced friendliness, smiles and a good service.
I am not impressed at all with the level of service....maybe it's the hotel, the area, but I hope it changes..
One last thing, that I would have liked someone to have written in the reviews, is that there are so many boats from early morning to about 3 pm, coming and going, so it's noisy all day. It's like a touristmekka. While you eat breakfast, there is noise and a lot of people leaving and coming. It would have been nice to eat in tranquility. For sure, this hotel has been overrated...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With it's stunning views across majestic limestone outcrops, golden sands and the beautiful clear, turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea it's easy to see why Railay Beach is regarded as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And with our choice of private, luxurious bungalows and suites you can be sure your stay at the Sand Sea Resort will be a holiday you'll never forget. Experience for yourself the beautiful smiles of Asian hospitality whilst you dine at our beachside restaurant where we offer a choice of the very finest Thai cuisine, famed throughout the world, or alternatively choose from our wide section of delicious Chinese and Western dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sand Sea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Sea Hotel Railay Beach
- Sand Sea Krabi
- Sand Sea Resort Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand