Sand Sea Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Rayavadee Resort(Railay Beach)
$432
$305
  • Breakfast included
Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$87
$84
  • Breakfast included
Railay Village Resort(Railay Beach)
$103
$99
$77
$72
  • Pool
Railay Great View Resort and Spa(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$87
$55
  • Breakfast included
Sunrise Tropical Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$75
$58
  • Breakfast included
Anyavee Railay Resort(Railay Beach)
$27
$26
  • Breakfast included
Diamond Cave Resort(Railay Beach)
$19
$18
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Railay Garden View Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$23
$19
1,690 results
All reviewssuperior bungalowwalking streetgrand deluxewest sideair congolf cartbeautiful beachmini martlong tail boatbeach bagbeach fronteast railayegg stationbreakfast was includedkrabi airporthuge bedmin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in march 2012. We were lucky to get a room with no trees blocking the sun, so the terrace was so nice to stay at. The room was all in all okay. It's got what you need - a bed, closet, drawers, tv (also with HBO, at least when we were there), minibar and a nice bathroom. I am not so demanding, if the location is nice and I have a place to sleep, and a bathroom that is not disgusting, I am pretty much happy.
The hotel is near the beach, but has also a small pool. The breakfast at the restaurant was very good, and had what you need to eat one's fill.
All in all I think this hotel is a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Not a family hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I arrived at the beautiful location of West Railay beach by long tail boat, and found my way across the beach to the reception. Before I arrived, I knew that I was paying for the location and not the customer service! However they were efficient on reception but not necessarily welcoming. I arrived at my room.... I had thought that I had booked a room away from the construction. How wrong could I be. The noise put me on edge to begin with, and then when I looked out of my room I saw that most of the apartments near me were just being finished and were empty. Which as a female solo traveller put me on edge slightly.

So I headed to reception to try and sort out a better room (which I have never done anywhere I've stayed before!). After being told I needed to wait for the manager, I took a seat and waited some time. After describing the situation to the female manager, the male reception staff seemed to snicker at my request, and left me feeling very uncomfortable, after all I was just being cautious and wanted to look after my safety (and sanity from the noise). She had originally said I could move the next day as there were no rooms left, and after expressing how uncomfortable I was they upgraded my room for one night. (The only reason I'm giving an average rating and not a poor rating!)

Once upgraded, it was like going from a 3 star bungalow to a 5 star room. The view was bad, but the room was amazing, but best of all I couldn't hear the construction noise and felt safe!

Customer service was sometimes good - sometimes bad, some of the staff were very efficient, some were not. It has the potential to be a lovely place to stay, and the pool towards the back of the complex is a lovely relaxing place to try and wake up in the morning!

However this is all about location, location, location. And West Railay is a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Katy_Jo
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at Sand Sea mid January. We were greeted by very friendly staff who were quick to ensure we were comfortable. They gave us a free upgrade to a Deluxe Villa - because our original booked room was close to where there were renovations and building happening.
The villa was exquisite. It over looked the second pool, was very clean and much more than we expected.
The service was great throughout our stay and the facilities were great. The position of this resort is in my opinion the best in Railay.
The resort had a lot of families staying, but that didn't bother us as there was plenty of privacy and everyone generally kept to themselves.
I would definitely consider staying here again when I return to Thailand.

Room Tip: Getting something that is near the second pool is perfect for a quick wash off swim after spending the day on the beach or Island hopping.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Friday_Arvo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed on Railay for four nights in a pool view bungalow. I had read some bad reviews about there being construction at the Sand Sea before we left for the trip, and although there was construction, it didn't affect our stay at all. Any noise being made was done so during the day and to be honest it wasn't that loud. There are two swimming pools, so if the noise is too much at the first, then you can go to the other one or anywhere along the beach to escape it.

The resort itself is directly on the beach with the bungalows set back which eliminated any noise at night. Railay is quite a quiet place anyway and everything started to quieten down at about ten thirty each night. We spent a lot of time on the beach and found that the room was a great distance to run back to during the day.

There is a good safe in the room, a massive shower and bathroom. Not particularly modern decor, but we were very happy with it, and the bed was very comfy. Pretty good air con and not a lot of problems with mosquitos, esp if you light a coil when sitting on the chairs outside. Monkeys did have a habit of jumping on the roves in the middle of the night, which made us jump a couple of times.

Overall a perfect base to explore railay from. We went on a snorkelling trip out of Railay called the Sunset snorkel tour which I cannot recommend enough. Mr Park was our guide for this and he was excellent. The tour took us on three snorkel stops (one at night for the phosphorescence, which was breath taking), poda island which is a tropical paradise and tub island for a beach bbq, fire show and to watch the sunset. All for 1000thb, totally brilliant way to see the surrounding islands.
The only downside of our stay at Sand Sea was their restaurant. The breakfast was great, a buffet serving what all buffets serve. We also chose to eat there once for lunch and once for dinner but found the service to be terrible. The Railay Bay resort next door is much much better for service. We thought this was a bit of a shame, but an otherwise nice enough resort to stay at on Railay west.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view if you can
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moonlondon1234
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I just left after 3 nights at the Sand Sea. We stayed in a Grande deluxe room for reference. (We got a good deal online)It was towards the back of the property which was nice for me because it was really quiet.
Location: on the west side but near the walking street with access to east Railay. Longtail boats are readily available and speedboats can be taken to most other islands etc multiple times daily. The beach is nice here with soft sand and nice karst views.

Grounds: really well kept and clean. The infinity pool is really nice and somewhat secluded even though It's high season.

Room: the room was brand new, large, well lit and extremely clean. It had a nice porch with a day bed. The bathroom had a nice large tub and separate steam room shower. Best of all, HOT water with no signs of an end. The bed was large and SOFT. First one I've had in Thailand. Overall it felt really modern and cared for.

Restaurant: the food was hit or miss but the servers were very nice and spoke pretty decent English. We ate there for multiple meals. I thought the included breakfast was on the better side of what I've experienced in our 3 weeks of travel here. Large selection buffet style with the standard omelets and eggs, noodle and rice dishes, fruits, carbs, coffees and teas.

• Stayed: January 2013