Sand Sea Resort
Sunrise Tropical Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$57
$45
  • Breakfast included
Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
$71
Rayavadee Resort(Railay Beach)
$408
$321
$66
$49
  • Pool
Railay Village Resort(Railay Beach)
$105
$84
  • Breakfast included
Diamond Cave Resort(Railay Beach)
$18
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Railay Great View Resort and Spa(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$39
$36
  • Breakfast included
Anyavee Railay Resort(Railay Beach)
$55
$28
  • Breakfast included
Railay Garden View Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$22
$19
1,708 results
All reviewssuperior bungalowwalking streetgrand deluxewest sideair congolf cartbeautiful beachmini martlong tail boatbeach bagbeach fronteast railayegg stationbreakfast was includedkrabi airporthuge bedmin walk
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This room was average, a bit outdated but is perfect because a few steps from the beach but tucked back just far enough to be very quiet. We only stayed one night which was enough for this active couple to kayak, explore and hike and see the beautiful scenery. The A/C was good and the towels huge. The breakfast was good but you can only get wifi from the reception area. They are doing a lot of construction but it didn't effect us much. Avoid the bar/restaurant at the opening of the walking mall, can't remember the name but the food was yuck.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The location of the Resort is great: from each bungalow, it takes just 2 minutes to get to the amazing Railay beach! The bungalows are nice and very clean, provided with bottles of mineral water and big towels to go to the beach. Breakfast is very simple, I think they should improve the quality of the ingredients (anyways, banana pancakes arestill very good). The only real minus is that the free WIFI is available just nearby the reception area (in the bungalows there's no signal). Overall a very good experience: Railay beach is something magic!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

When visiting Railay you must be aware that there are two water sides: East and West. Rule #1: stay on the West one. The resorts (mostly bungalows) are right next to the beach and the view and atmosphere is magic. The east side does not have a proper beach (lots of mud and mangrove) despite having fabulous resorts. Also, the East side is busy with shops and it is very noisy. By staying in the West like we did at the Sand Sea, you can always walk to the East side through an internal path :)

Pros

- Great rooms: spacious shower area, TV, air conditioning...

- Not very busy.

- FANTASTIC value for money. We evaluated most of the similar options, and value-for-money-wise, this is unbeatable.

- Super location, with great views!

Cons

- Beautiful pool. However, view from the sea is blocked so it would be a good idea to have an open sea view to relax, etc. Resorts next door did have their pools with open sea views.

- The hotel is undergoing renovation, so it gets a bit noisy during the day. However, it NEVER distracted us. We were lucky to be in a room far away from the renovation, so simply make sure you ask for one.

- Breakfast could be better. However, most of the resorts offer the same kind of breakfast, so no big deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the renovation area :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank puchurrin
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wow! Despite the really trivial complaints about the hotel. (construction next door, mosquitoes, language barriers, and barges) I thoroughly enjoyed my stay on this beautiful beach. I guess I just had such a great time, climbing, hiking, kayaking, caving, exploring, eating good food and watching sunsets that i did not even notice some of the little flaws. The barge is there for the construction, that is going on. I think I saw it on two different days. There are no main access roads to this peninsula. We also arrived by long-tail boat. I guess if they got rid of those no one would be here. The bungalows are a little dated, but they were perfectly clean and I never once turned on the television. The fridge was stocked. The shower was huge, bed was comfortable, and location was maybe 50 yards from the sand. Pool was beautiful, the service was perfectly fine for me. Any question I had was answered respectfully by staff. It was off-season and of course, not everyone here speaks perfect English and they are more laid back then say in Bangkok. For the price compared to the others, I would choose this again. It was cheaper than any hotel in U.S. that is located on a beach. So why there is so much complaining I can't understand. This is by far one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen and I have seen many. The one who said it is soul less must be describing a different place. I don't know, because this place is beautiful. I will post pics that I hope will prove my point.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank One-Away-Travel
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I got a very good price as it's the low season. Very good location and amazing view of sunset. The west railay is more relaxing and quite than the east side, with a real beach you can swim in. Sand Sea is kind of the lowest price among all resort at the west side. Good price, good location, nice smile staff. I stayed at the air-con standard room, the room is comfortable though a bit old. Part of the resort is under re-construction though. Overall, good value, I like here!

Room Tip: April - Oct is the low season of Krabi, price will be like 50 % of the normal rate. Very good deal indeed. I stayed at Room 402 and personally think its the best location. Do not choose those by poolside, will be really noisy all the time. Better send email to reserve the room you want prior.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple