“Long boat broke down.”

Railay Dive Center
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Long boat broke down.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Cool crew and the dive locations were fantastic. However the long boat was packed with 16 people. To make matters worse the boat broke down on the way. The driver limped it to the first dive. Had to change the location for the second dive because of the engine failure. Then got about 20 minutes of crawling before they gave up and phoned for a tow. Waited half hour for that. Turned a half day drip into a long full day.

1 Thank Brettravelling

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“PADI certified”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We took a three day PADI Open Water Diver course and it was an amazing experience. Our instructor, Frank, was very good and taught us all the important stuff well.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank RenoRaines72
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Girl in office drunk and the instructor lusting after my Wife.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We dived with this company for 1 day and 1 day only! when we booked the trip we had our doubts but where told they where the only Padi shop in the area the young Thai girl was laying on the sofa and appeared to be drunk! we asked about the prices and where told they where the only recognised padi center in that area so we agreed to dive the next day in phi phi i was already certified but my wife was not so did a Discover scuba diver course we where told it would be a credit should we want to carry on in another location well my wife tried to use it in the states and we where told the school they could not except it as it was not an official Padi discover scuba diving certificate and had not been registered online the school had not paid the fee to padi for the correct paper work. The two dives for us where great in Phi Phi I was lead by a nice Scandinavian guy and my wife a British instructor these two instructors where great but the third Spanish guy Frank was just trying to have sex with my wife she is blond and very attractive he was over her like a rash trying to jump in at any opportunity to get her attention if the Girl in the office was drunk I could forgive that its Thailand and she is not diving but this guy trying to dry hump my wife in front of me was out of order I heard the two other dive masters moaning about Frank and him jumping in on there briefs so a real low point in our day it was along journey out two phi phi around 2.5 hours we where told 1.5. we stayed at Railay for 4 more days and went into Ao nang found lots more dive shops there we arranged to dive in phi phi again with Aqua vision who picked us up at 08:30 from railay beach instead of 07:00 we got to phi phi in 30/40 mins by speed boat and where back by 14:30 instead of 18:30 and there was no instructor making us feel uncomfortable all in all phi phi was great but railay dive center long journey out a guy who wants to have sex with your wife and a lying drunk girl who hadn't got a clue about diving put use off Railay dive center a lot if you are staying in Railay get your hotel to call one of the centers in ao nang CHEAPER and a lot more organised Aqua vision where great the two other instructors where great but the organisation and the Spaniard on heat was just to much. DO NOT USE

Visited November 2012
1 Thank barry g
Corrales, New Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome Diving”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Sami and his crew were top flight in every way. You cannot go wrong with with any dive site you choose, as Thailand dives are world class. My son, 19, and I did 2 open water dives at Phi-Phi. The scenery was spectacular, and the waters were teeming with life and activity. My daughter, age 22, did a Discover Diving day, where she had no prior scuba experience, and was able to do 2 dives, under the ever watchful eye of her personal dive master, Jesus. She and I always felt she was totally safe and receiving excellent instruction. The dive boat was very spacious and comfortable and the equipment exactly what you want on a dive trip, new.

Visited January 2013