Rayavadee Resort
Sunrise Tropical Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$57
$45
  • Breakfast included
Sand Sea Resort(Railay Beach)
$43
$40
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
$71
$64
$49
  • Pool
Railay Village Resort(Railay Beach)
$105
$84
  • Breakfast included
Diamond Cave Resort(Railay Beach)
$18
  • Restaurant
Railay Great View Resort and Spa(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$39
$36
  • Breakfast included
Anyavee Railay Resort(Railay Beach)
$55
$28
  • Breakfast included
Railay Garden View Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$22
$19
2,036 results
All reviewsthai restaurantdeluxe paviliongrotto restaurantraya diningraitalay terracephranang beachhydro poolour honeymoontwo storybeaches are publicday tripperstennis courtsbedroom and bathroombottle of champagnetwo floorsprivate pierpool staff
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The resort is set in a sprawling landscaped ground that is very impressive and natural. Squirrels, monitor lizards, monkeys and even snakes are to be seen. Railay Beach is littered with garbage, crowded with day tourist and docked with tons of loud long tail boats. So the beach picture on the website...not quite the reality.
Back to the hotel... due to the numerous ponds set in the property (with mostly still water), the hotel is swamped with blood thirsty mosquitos. My children and I are scarred with bites all over our limbs. The hotel though, readily distributes repellent (though not sure if they are effective).
The bungalows are charming and are in a good condition. The quality of food in restaurant is Ok, not stellar. For the prices they are charging, the quality should be better, much better. Our daily newspaper never came until I complained a few days later after.
Our main problem is with the quality of the staff. Whilst they are mostly (but not all) friendly, the vast majority of them did not speak even the most basic level of English. So any request for anything takes an eternity to explain and often results in major confusion. Though not faults of the staff (I can only imagine that it is not easy to find english speaking staff in this province), it is a very frustrating experience for us.
Then, there is a handful of staff who are just plain disgruntled and it showed. To be fair, there is another handful who speak good English and go out of their way to please.The activities and excursions menu is extensive but way overpriced (when I compare it to what we got at Four Seasons LG Maldives). The Spa is of a high standard and my 3 treatments have been very good, and at a reasonable price. the Gym is very very basic, so don't even bother bringing gym wear.
The Grotto does not look anything like the photo. It is not a cave on a beach but a shallow hollowed area into the rocks next to the bar. It serves food only once a week, a seafood grill and barbecue night. Though the price of the buffet is steep, the food is very fresh and good.
I guess when I compare this experience to stays at other 5* resorts, it just did not measure up. It felt like a 4* hotel. To be deserving of 5*, I believe the service must be excellent across the board, not just at some select areas. The staff must be all motivated, efficient and competent, not just a handful.
I know I will not be coming back.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the beach get the full blast of the long tail boat engines ALL day.
3  Thank Weid
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We spent a full week+ at the resort. Overall, we were very happy with the place and all it had to offer. Excellent service and friendly staff, world-class scenery, very nice rooms/pavillion, nice beaches, nice pool area, excellent trips arranged by hotel (but expensive!), good opportunities for tennis and other exercising activities, good for families - and the opportunity to experience the more "real Thailand" close to the resort, but without the noise of larger cities. Expect a lot of walking in beautiful park-like surroundings with trees, flowers, monkeys and birds around you, which we, and I believe most guests, truly enjoyed.The only comment I have is for those that expect a "business like" hotel (like in Dubai, Singapore, etc) with everything very close nearby and the pool outside your doorstep/elevator, you may want to consider. For us it was perfect. We will come back.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had very high expectations for our stay at Rayavdee, spending hours trawling through the amazing photos on the website in the lead up to our trip. On the approach to the resort from the boat, the scenery was already living up to the hype, but that's where it ended. Check in was efficient, if a little cold and business like. We were escorted to our villa, which was utterly disappointing. It looked nothing like the images on the website. Overall, the accomodation was very run down and showed its age, particularly the bathrooms. The 2 storey layout seemed quite quaint, in reality, it was a pain.I'd be particularly put off if we had children, as the stairs are quite steep and not well lit. There is very little privacy in any of the villas, each villa has 2 sunloungers which are located right on the thoroughfares, needless to say, we didn't see anyone using them. Dining was also a huge let down, the images on the website had us expecting a high end culinary experience, what we got, was average at best. Granted, we visited at a very busy time (Easter) so there were more kids around than we would ordinarily like. Breakfast was like feeding time at the zoo, so much so, we had breakfast in our villa after the first morning. Dinners were little better, with screaming semi-naked kids running around and fellow diners in their swimwear. The grotto was the perfect example of misleading photography, overhyped and overlooking a noisy, dirty public beach. The staff were incredibly gracious but lacked basic training, we struggled at times to get any service, then had 5 people swarming around our table, each asking the same question. The end result? We checked out after 2 nights of what should have been a 5 night stay and went back to Bangkok, where 5 star means 5 star. This place is definitely not for couples seeking privacy, luxury and peace and quiet, it's an exotic Butlins overrun with kids.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank girlinthedesert
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is an amazing hotel set in stunning surroundings. The resort has beautiful views of limestone cliffs and it's own white sandy beach. Great food and the staff are lovely, the swimming pool is fantastic and has lovely views across the ocean. The best part of the whole experience is the privacy, the complex is made up of individual pavilions and was quiet and so relaxing, perfect for a honeymoon.

I highly recommend this resort and would love to do back,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoniMay33
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I went to The Rayavadee on15-18/4/2014.I never thing that I can get the best service at there.
The rayavadee staffs are very nice and attempt to service me.I never hear "can not" during I stayed at there.The scenery is beautiful.However the cost of staying at there is quite high too,
but I have to try it once of my life.So I will go back again if I have time.

2  Thank Phanom J