My family and I actually booked somewhere else but we decided not to stay there as the place was awful. Being already 20.00pm and with no other reservations, I started frantically roaming the area trying to find a place to spend the first night of our week in Railay Beach.
We ended up at Rayavadee and it was definitely the highlight of our Thai holiday. The place is simply stunning. The villas are massive with a living area and downstairs loo and a generous bedroom upstairs with a complete bathroom, including bath and shower.
Even if there are quite a few villas, you don't feel like you're close to other guests and it's extremely quiet. The facilities are really good, you have access to all three beaches (the place is massive!) and the swimming pool on the west side is gorgeous, really handy for when there's low tide and the beach is not that nice. Or when you travel with kids.
Breakfast was superb, both the Thai and Western version were really good and the patisserie was better than in most hotels I stayed in France. We tried all three restaurants and the quality of the food was really good. Yes, it's pricey, probably more so than at home (London), so we used them a few times and then tried other restaurant around the area too.
The staff is other highlight. I showed up at 20.00 the first day after my failed booking in the other place and the lady at the front desk was amazing and quickly made a villa available, getting it cleaned and prepared in the 20' it took to get my family and luggage.
At the end of our stay, they also arranged a free shuttle by speed boat to Krabi and then an A/C van to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rayavadee's setting on the edge of Krabi's National Marine Park at the heart of the stunning Phranang Peninsula perfectly blends lush foliage, limestone cliffs, white sand beaches and the emerald waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort's award winning architecture and tropical landscapes were inspired by the atmosphere of a southern Thai village. Rayavadee's enchanting two-story pavilions and beachfront villas are spread over 26 acres of coconut groves, their spacious interiors and décor providing unsurpassed comfort for the property's highly discerning guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Rayavadee Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayavadee Hotel Railay Beach
- Rayavadee Resort Krabi
- Rayavadee Hotel Krabi
- Rayavadee Krabi
- Rayavadee Resort Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand