We stayed at Rayavadee for 3 nights as part of a superb holiday booked with Andaman Sky Adventures, which took in not only Railay but also Phuket and some islands too. It is hard to choose which was our favourite resort of the 4 we stayed at, but Rayavadee was definitely a hot favourite. We have holidayed before in the region, at Pimalai on Koh Lanta and at Phulay Bay near Ao Nang, so we now know the best the region has to offer. I’d put my top 3 resorts in the regon as these : Paresa, Pimalai and Rayavadee. We would have returned to Pimalai this trip but it was full.
From the word “go” everything about Rayavadee was great – the smooth airport pickup, quick transfer to the boat, the welcome cocktail, the calm check-in. Our bungalow was just great, we got one of the recently done-up ones thanks to our travel agent, who also got us a discount. There was lots of room, privacy and nice touches like home-made chocolates every day, even the cleaners seemed to have been trained in how to clean unobtrusively. The food was really, really good; breakfast included a selection of perfectly ripe tropical fruit with for me an English breakfast and for my wife a Thai breakfast, both of which were great. We ate only at the resort during our stay, so got to know the restaurants pretty well.
We weren’t so impressed with the resort’s restaurant in a cave by Phra Nang beach, as we ate a distinctly average pizza there, but the headline restaurant never failed to impress, particularly when we had the surf’n’turf, washed down with pricey but very good wine. I highly recommend this hotel and hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rayavadee's setting on the edge of Krabi's National Marine Park at the heart of the stunning Phranang Peninsula perfectly blends lush foliage, limestone cliffs, white sand beaches and the emerald waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort's award winning architecture and tropical landscapes were inspired by the atmosphere of a southern Thai village. Rayavadee's enchanting two-story pavilions and beachfront villas are spread over 26 acres of coconut groves, their spacious interiors and décor providing unsurpassed comfort for the property's highly discerning guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Rayavadee Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayavadee Hotel Railay Beach
- Rayavadee Resort Krabi
- Rayavadee Hotel Krabi
- Rayavadee Krabi
- Rayavadee Resort Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand