“Book it! You only live once...”
Review of Rayavadee Resort

Rayavadee Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Railay Beach
valwig
“Book it! You only live once...”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is amazing! The arrival in James Bond style with the speed boat, the easy and relaxed check-in, the wonderful villa's, the delicious food and the very friendly and helpful staff, and the list of wonderful things to tell about this hotel can go on much longer.
Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to an amazing experience. You will have wonderful memories of it for the rest of your life!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank delauny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've been meaning to write a report on my stay at the wonderful Rayavadee for a good few months now. I'm generally hopeless at getting round to these things, but I really couldn't let this one go. I spent simply, the most wonderful 9 nights here at the end of last year with 2 girlfriends and I could not fault any part of it. I am fortuntate enough to consider myself not only well travelled in this region but also well aquainted with some of the finest resorts Asia has to offer (and there are many), however, this is by far the most wonderful place I have ever stayed. The beaches are straight from a postcard, the accommodation just fitting between traditional Thai but with modern touches where needed, and the huge grounds give a real feel of being on your own private island, shared only by the local monkeys and the other guests (who with the size of the resort seem few and far between). For me the staff made the stay extra special, every one we came across greeted us warmly, we were even invited for drinks with the General Manager.
The great thing for us also was that although this is a romantic couples dream, we didnt feel uncomfortable as a few girlfriends enjoying a trip away. The resorts 3 restaurants offer some of the best Thai (and Italian, fusion) food I have ever tasted, in the best settings. we were regulars sipping half price presecco at happy hour every night at the Grotto bar (set within a cave on Pranang beach - got to be the best bar in the world) but also there are a great choice of local restaurants a stroll away if we fancied a venture out. The only downside was leaving, we were at one point considering burying our passports :) I will return as soon as I can. Just divine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deborah Y
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently stayed at Rayavadee and i have to say it is probably the best place I've ever stayed. It was for a few nights as part of a longer trip and it was definitely the highlight!

The area is absolute paradise - all my photos look like postcards, it really is as beautiful as it looks in all the pictures! I know people have said the beaches aren't as they appear, but when i was there they were great - not completely isolated so there was plenty of people watching to do, and i actually really loved watching the longtails come in and out, but also not overly busy and plenty of space to sunbathe or take a stroll. There's also plenty of space for sunbathing in Rayavadee - loungers all around the pool (which is MASSIVE) and a whole area of loungers called the Umbrella Tree Court which looks out over the Phranang beach.

The rooms were so cool, you get a whole pavilion to yourself and they are really amazing. We stayed in a Deluxe pavilion which had a downstairs and upstairs, so loads of space, and the bathrooms are really beautiful with loads of gorgeous toiletries. Also, you get a jar of home made cookies every day in the living room, which are free! I was also impressed to see that quite a lot of the mini bar was also free, which is a nice touch.

The food in general was amazing, especially the Thai restaurant which is probably the best food i ate on the whole trip, and having a cocktail at The Grotto (coolest bar/restaurant I've ever seen) while you watch the sun go down on Phranang beach is magical.

The staff were brilliant, i couldn't fault them. Attentive and helpful but not overbearing, we never needed to ask for anything - whatever we needed was already done! The pool staff were really good actually, as soon as you get to a lounger someone is there putting pillows and towels on it and getting you cold water.

Oh, and one other thing - the spa is a MUST! it's like walking in to another hotel, so grand and beautiful, and the lady there talked me through all the treatments to decide which would be best for me (especially important for facials i think) and i came out feeling so relaxed and replenished.

Basically this is my favourite place on earth, i loved everything about it and was only sorry that i didnt have longer there. Next time i go to Thailand I'm blocking out a week at least for Rayavadee!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Megan Y
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here with my family during the easter break 2012, family being me (18) my brother (14), my sister (4) and parents. We stayed in the Phranang Villa 401, which we hadn't originally booked but, having stayed there before and since my parents were renewing their vows & having a ceremony there, we were bumped up to a nicer villa! The villa was amazing, right on the beach with 3 bedroom buildings, 2 normal ones and 1 master bedroom, each with their own ensuite bathroom, there was one other building which was the dining room. Between the buildings was a sizeable private pool with some sunbeds which was perfect. Everything was super clean, staff extremely kind and helpful, very polite. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Krabi! One of the best hotels I've ever visited. Also, the island is absolutely stunning!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lvstockley
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst travelling around Thailand which was a massive mistake, i should have stayed for the whole trip, or even moved in. Utterly phenomenal place.

They seemed to have lots of excursions to do but i did absolutely none of them because i didnt want to leave the place. My days consisted of:

* Walking through the stunning grounds for breakfast, with monkeys swinging above you through the tropical trees

* Choosing either the paradise like white sands of one of the beaches (essentially private as it is inaccessible unless you are staying at the hotel) or the more lively beach, which is shared by other hotels and guest houses but is large enough and absolutely stunning.

* And basically spending the day not wanting to leave.

We had dinner at the Thai restaurant, which was delicious, some of the best food i had all around Thailand.

Our stand alone villa was absolute luxury, comfortable and secluded, it felt like our own little tropical house.

Before dinner each night we went to the grotto, a bar built into some caves with sand underfoot. Sitting here having a drink, watching the sun go down over the sea is probably one of the most ridicuously romantic things you can do.

Staff were very helpful and friendly (as they are all over Thailand to be fair) and we even bumped into the manager who had a drink with us before dinner one night, a little touch but went a long way.

I must admit to not understanding the negative review below this one, i have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world and Rayavadee is the only one i have every written a trip advisor review for, because of the need to tell people about this place. Definitely go!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul Y
Milan, Italy
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have been at Rayavadee with family (5 year old child) between Jan 3 and 8, 2013. The resort is fantastic and one of the best I have stayed in: excellent restaurants, perfect bungalows "explorer style", beauty products, very professional and helpful staff with some doing above their duties. Try the thai boxing and super-stretch classes and also the tennis lessons/sparring. With that in mind I am sorry to say that Railay Beach is not what I expected: the setting is breath-taking but the noise and pollution by the long-tail boats make it a not-to-go place at all. It is also very crowded but that is not the problem really, the noise and the pollution of the sea are self-explanatory.

Room Tip: take a bungalow close to the pool
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Rayavadee is not like any other resort we've been to. The setting is simply stunning - the dramatic limestone cliffs plunging into the turquoise ocean.

It's not as isolated as we thought it would be - there are other resorts next to Rayavadee, but this is on a different league to it's neighbours. The public beach also gets v busy in the daytime, but this added to the atmosphere for us.

It is v expensive, especially given the rooms are on the small side & they could probably do with a refurb, but we'd definitely go back.

For more photos & a detailed review see our blogspot, thisiscurbappeal

• Stayed November 2012
Amari Vogue Krabi
#3 of 12 in Nong Thale
The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort
Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve

Been to Rayavadee Resort? Share your experiences!