I've been meaning to write a report on my stay at the wonderful Rayavadee for a good few months now. I'm generally hopeless at getting round to these things, but I really couldn't let this one go. I spent simply, the most wonderful 9 nights here at the end of last year with 2 girlfriends and I could not fault any part of it. I am fortuntate enough to consider myself not only well travelled in this region but also well aquainted with some of the finest resorts Asia has to offer (and there are many), however, this is by far the most wonderful place I have ever stayed. The beaches are straight from a postcard, the accommodation just fitting between traditional Thai but with modern touches where needed, and the huge grounds give a real feel of being on your own private island, shared only by the local monkeys and the other guests (who with the size of the resort seem few and far between). For me the staff made the stay extra special, every one we came across greeted us warmly, we were even invited for drinks with the General Manager.
The great thing for us also was that although this is a romantic couples dream, we didnt feel uncomfortable as a few girlfriends enjoying a trip away. The resorts 3 restaurants offer some of the best Thai (and Italian, fusion) food I have ever tasted, in the best settings. we were regulars sipping half price presecco at happy hour every night at the Grotto bar (set within a cave on Pranang beach - got to be the best bar in the world) but also there are a great choice of local restaurants a stroll away if we fancied a venture out. The only downside was leaving, we were at one point considering burying our passports :) I will return as soon as I can. Just divine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rayavadee's setting on the edge of Krabi's National Marine Park at the heart of the stunning Phranang Peninsula perfectly blends lush foliage, limestone cliffs, white sand beaches and the emerald waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort's award winning architecture and tropical landscapes were inspired by the atmosphere of a southern Thai village. Rayavadee's enchanting two-story pavilions and beachfront villas are spread over 26 acres of coconut groves, their spacious interiors and décor providing unsurpassed comfort for the property's highly discerning guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Rayavadee Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayavadee Hotel Railay Beach
- Rayavadee Resort Krabi
- Rayavadee Hotel Krabi
- Rayavadee Krabi
- Rayavadee Resort Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand