Rayavadee Resort
Sunrise Tropical Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$57
$45
  • Breakfast included
Sand Sea Resort(Railay Beach)
$43
$40
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
$71
$66
$49
  • Pool
Railay Village Resort(Railay Beach)
$105
$84
  • Breakfast included
Railay Great View Resort and Spa(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$39
$36
  • Breakfast included
Anyavee Railay Resort(Railay Beach)
$55
$28
  • Breakfast included
Diamond Cave Resort(Railay Beach)
$18
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Railay Garden View Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
$22
$19
2,036 results
All reviewsthai restaurantdeluxe paviliongrotto restaurantraya diningraitalay terracephranang beachhydro poolour honeymoontwo storybeaches are publicday tripperstennis courtsbedroom and bathroombottle of champagnetwo floorsprivate pierpool staff
Reviewed August 13, 2011

For the price, I can only say the hotel was average. If we paid less, I would have been more impressed. The location was beautiful, and the beaches cleaner and less crowded than most we've seen in Thailand. There are a couple of more resorts close by (Railay beach). I might try one of those if I were to go back

Room Tip: Try to get "Residents of Thailand" Promotion, inc b'fast, and 1 evening meal if booked 30 days in adv
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelEeOrr
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We spent 10 nights at the Rayavadee, whilst travelling round Thailand to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Having stayed at this hotel 10 years previously, and enjoyed every minute, we had high expectations and I'm pleased to say we weren't disappointed second time around. Yes the public beaches are busier, aren't they everywhere, but the Rayavadee's standards of service, friendliness, attention to detail and cleanliness were exemplary.
We ate at the Krua Phranang restaurant every night and the food was fantastic. Breakfast outside at the Raya Dining Room was always a delight, just watch out for the monkeys - although the staff are pretty handy with their catapults and soon move them on! During our stay we enjoyed a couple of Spa treatments each and they were first rate.
Overall, not a cheap hotel but my view is you get what you pay for.
Would we go back a third time? Definitely

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 323 which overlooks the pool and Railay beach beyond - idyllic
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We decided to try this hotel based on the high rating on tripadvisor and the lovely photos.
However, we feel this was a sales job that couldn't back it up - and after 1 night we had to leave.
First of all, the photos show a beautiful beach with sun beds and nobody on it. The beds were nowhere to be seen and the beach was full of tourist boats visiting for the day. The pool was packed with families with screaming kids. The 'deluxe villa' offers no private outdoor area and is only a few meters away from the next one... We simply had nowhere to relax. In addition, since the villas are made of such simple materials, I counldnt sleep all night as monkeys were always passing our roof.
The good point of this hotel is that the whole team there was extremely professional in taking care of us.
Also, the thai restaurant on site was the best we've ever had ! The chef was creative and delicate with the use of spices and it was an amazing managed by a lovely staff.
We do not recommend this hotel for couples looking for a quiet getaway

• Stayed: August 2011
8  Thank ArielBMoscow
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We just spent 5 days there and I would thoroughly recommend it. The staff are just fantastic - nothing is any trouble at all. It is definitely a place to truly relax and unwind. The breakfast is the best.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Rayavadee Review
Family
Felt safe to let our 13 yo daughter roam about
Called reception to find her and the staff located her within ten minutes
Rooms
We stayed in two villas.
The first villa was near Railay beach and the pool which was nice... but I think they need to find a reflecting glass as people can see out as well as in from the villa
We also got lucky and stayed in villa 100
Very nice
If you have a large family or a sm group of good friends that would be the place to stay
private pool
two building... big family room... nice
facilities
got an ear infection and the site nurse was at my door in ten minutes more or less
Spa
Very nice
the treatment was very satisfying though my massuese did not speak much English
Big shower in the treatment room which I liked and used before and after
She asked about temp and vol of music which was nice
At reservation they asked what smell I preferred in the lotion which was a nice touch too
I nearly fell asleep, I was so relaxed
food
I love Thai food so there was nothing bad!
The breakfast buffet was not as diverse in the fruit as I would expect
People
Staff were universally friendly and helpful though English was sorely not their strong point
Khun Thooma was by far our favorite person there and she made us feel special and shared with us as much of her part of paradise as she could with cooking classes, painting, weaving, flower walks, etc.
Excursions and activities
We did the kayak tour of the Mangrove canyons... I don't remember the name but it was by far one of the most interesting excursions I've had
we saw
lots of Monkeys
lots of Monitor lizards
the guide was professional and his English was pretty good but I was hoping for more of a 'naturalist' than a guide
noise
Water taxis are a real persistent noise maker in the area
Though at night they are gone they come back in the morning in a drone.
location
Look at the maps... the place is superbly situated on the peninsula!
caveat
My wife does work for Rayavadee remotely. No one asked me to write this review nor was I paid to do so.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family