“Great festive restaurant/bar”

The Last Bar
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Railay Beach
Cuisines: Bar, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: None of the bars and restaurants on Railay is actually listed on Tripadvisor. I intend to comment on all hotels and restaurants I visit on Tripadivisor.
Port Elizabeth
“Great festive restaurant/bar”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We had dinner here every night of our 5 nights on Railay It was fantastic dining in the open under the stars Great music every night with cocktails and fire shows could not keep away Even got lunch take aways each day Good value for money and great vibe

• Visited April 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Amman, Jordan
“Best food on Railay”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We finally found this restaurant after several days at eating at the crappy hotel restaurants on Railay West. We ate here 3 days straight at the end of our stay. We liked the Indian food and the Thai food was not bad either. Their menu is large so you can find something for everyone.

The service was better than any we received on Railay West, although a few of our items did not come out for a while. The price was reasonable and the atmosphere was great.

Stay away from the hotel restaurants and go here.

• Visited April 2012
Vancouver, BC
“Good Food, Great Entertainment”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We spent most of our evenings on Railay Beach at The Last Bar. We ate here one night, and enjoyed the Indian Food and Pizza, although the Pizza was overpriced and a very small portion. The buckets were very strong (4 shots more than a certain nearby bar that has a boxing ring... ), and even stronger if you are a female! They have live music, including a VERY talented guys in his 20's or 30's who deserves to be famous because his voice is golden. The best part of the Last Bar is the nightly Fire Show - try to grab seats near the front of the ocean-side deck by 9:30pm, and enjoy the show that starts just after 10:30 and lasts about an hour. The guys are all so talented, and this was pure entertainment for us for 3 nights in a row.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank goodtoglow
Brisbane, Australia
“Ok food”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

All I can say is...check out the "kitchen" which is attached to the back of the establishment. None of the diners would see it, only people staying at my resort. I had to walk past it each day and felt physically ill each time I saw/smelt it.
We had actually eaten there a few nights earlier (before we were staying at this particular resort) and had a very nice Indian meal so my rating is for the nice meal that we had.
I'm not being mean by writing that. I like to support small businesses, but this place needs to do something about its "kitchen" quick smart.

I'd like to highly recommend a place to eat which isn't on tripadvisor so I couldn't review it.
It's the pizza place that's part of the Joy Bar. It's traditional Italian, thin base and cooked in a proper wood-fired pizza oven. There's no grotty, filthy kitchen and at least you know your food is blasted at a high heat. Good to know in this dirty, unhygienic town (as you can probably tell, I'm glad to be leaving tomorrow).

Visited March 2012
1 Thank HermanHesse1
“Nice place to have dinner”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Serves good Indian and Thai food. Though chapati are twice smaller than they are in India.

Visited February 2012