Our room was very nice indeed. We booked a deluxe room with sea view and it was gorgeous. Very well equipped and comfortable with separate bathroom, WC and large walk-in shower. A lovely balcony really does have sea views albeit above the roofs of lower parts of the hotel in front (make sure you get a 3rd floor room). Strangely, though, there is only one lounger on the balcony and no table or comfortable furniture you can move there. The only negative for the room is that wifi is almost non-existent there.
Housekeeping was poor. The remains of the complimentary fruit served on arrival were still there on our second morning as were hairs in the basin.
The grounds and pool are in need of some maintenance. In many places the paint is worn or mildewy and the paths cracked.
Also as other have noted you should plan on eating elsewhere. The food is mediocre and the service terrible. It boggles the mind how a resort like this can let their reputation suffer in this way. Surely every hotel reads Tripadvisor by now.
Overall though we were satisfied and will probably go back - especially as we discovered the Bang Bang Bar just around the corner serving possibly the best cocktails in Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa Set sail on a traditional long tail boat and putter through the calm turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea to the exotic and secluded Railay Bay. Sheltered by magnificent limestone cliffs and protected mangrove forest Bhu Nga Thani Resort & Spa is a hidden paradise where tranquillity and solitude awaits. This is just the beginning of an exceptional journey to an unforgettable place where romantics and families alike can relax, rejuvenate and feel free. The beautiful colonial style rooms and villas are furnished to delight with special features like private pools, outdoor showers and oversized sunken bathtubs. Relax by the seafront swimming pool, dine at the elegant restaurant, let your cares drift away at the pampering spa and take a scenic tour of Railay Bay to discover the pristine white sand beach, world class rock climbing and spectacular temple cave all within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bhu Nga Thani Hotel Railay Beach
- Bhu Nga Thani Resort And Spa Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand