“Don't be fooled by the pictures”

Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Railay Beach
Belvedere, California
“Don't be fooled by the pictures”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel has a gorgeous facade but has a lot of problems. For one its on East Railay beach which is ugly and sucks. The water coming out of the faucet and shower drips down like a leaky faucet and is salty! If you have thick hair forget about washing your hair. They provided us with two sets of threadbare, overly used towels, a wash cloth and a bath towel. The breakfast is included but the selection is terrible and the taste awful. The pillows are hard as rock and they don't have any other. The receptionist offered to give us another pillow so we could have three hard pillows! Internet connection in rooms almost non-existent. Overall very very disappointing.

Room Tip: Don't say here!! Save your money and go elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is my second time staying at this lovely hotel and once again it did not disappoint. The service is great, the amenities are lovely and the beds are super comfy. Even the extra rollaway wasn't bad at all. I have already booked again for March.

Room Tip: The basic deluxe are just as good as the sea view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

The boat trip to the the resort was enjoyable and it was scenic, got us looking more forward to reach the destination.
We were warmly welcomed by the staff and the lovely purple welcome drink. We loved the room very much as well as our spa session but just remember to wear slippers to the spa as the stone walkway to the spa was hot!
Food although was not really impressive I would suggest to have your meals else where.
As it's not situated at the stretch of the iconic beach, you will walk for about 10mins and pass through a stretch of cave with monkeys around, which was interesting. The monkeys were pretty harmless.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rae C
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Don't ever think about it. Food is very bad. They spend 2 mints to clean up the room they just change the bed sheet and Some toilet paper and 2 bottles of water.
Internet service very bad. Very bad location. Bags all over the place.
Noisy Boots all over the place

Stayed February 2014
Oslo
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Well, the food was ok, but the service nothing special. We ate at the terrace restaurant. They actually had "reasonably" priced wine to be Thailand. The second time I went something strange happened. I went on my own since my companions had fallen ill. When seated a lady (not the guy who seated me) came up and told me there would be an hour wait for the food. I was the only one she told, the couple who arrived same time as me were given bread on the other hand. I felt a bit singled out to be honest. Hence I wonder if they don't like single men eating there. In any way, whether it really was one hour wait or it was for other reasons, i cant give this restaurant more than mediocre score. Being "asked to leave" however politely is not my cup of tea. :-)

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank OsloKrisa
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a tough one: we both wound up with food poisoning/norovirus, but can't say for sure where we got it. The accommodations were fine other than that. We did have a mouse/rat visit the room one night. This hotel is on the "back side" of Railay and the beach it fronts is miserable and not used; however, there are numerous restaurants and other facilities nearby. The pool is okay, but no hot tub. The main tourist beach is about a ten minute walk. If we were to do it again, we'd stay on the main beach, as the beach was the primary reason for staying in Railay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Considering the USD 360 per night that we paid for the pool villa, the following things cannot happen:

- for a full day, there was no running water in the villa.. when the water came back, it was brown
- no internet despite claim that internet was included
- you get 21 ridiculous tv channels with about 5 in English (we didn't plan on watching tv but as we both got sick, there was no other option than to watch National Geographic all day)
- we found bugs in the breakfast
- non-existing service (no smiles from staff, very strange for Thailand) paired with minimum level of English, making every conversation exhausting.. when we left and said "bye", the reception staff didn't even look up and completely ignored us
- On the 2nd day, both of us caught a food poisoning... my boyfriend was in a worse shape than me and couldn't stop throwing up. When he started shivering and developing a fever, I asked the reception where I could find a doctor. I couldn't believe my ears when they told me that there was no first-aid kit at the hotel and no doctor on the entire island, I would have to take a boat to Ao Nang where there was a clinic, and for basic medication, I had to go the pharmacy myself. No sign of concern, no "let me walk to the pharmacy with you", no "is there anything we can do".

For these prices, you have to deliver... especially in Southeast Asia. We were very relieved to leave!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
#8 of 13 in Railay Beach
Rayavadee Resort
Rayavadee Resort
#1 of 13 in Railay Beach

Been to Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!