Over the new year period we were visiting a number of resorts in thailand and the bhu nga was our third stop. Initial impressions were excellent with a well planned collection by car and the last leg on a long tail boat through clear seas.
We arrived at high tide and were met on the pier by a member of staff who transported our bags to the reception.
Room a deluxe double with sea view was excellent, air conditioning was ice cold and robes slippers etc were all provided.
The buildings and infrastucture were all modern and well maintained and at hiigh tide the view from the restaurant was idylllic.
A short walk (ten minutes) takes you down to railay beach which is quite spectacular. If somewhat busy and commercial.
A few negatives though - the wi fi didnt work throughout our stay, the service and house keeping in the hotel wasnt great - almost grudging and the food in the hotel restaurant was poor - i ordered a marinated fish sandwich and was served with a deep fried piece of grey stuff that could have been fish - macdonalds fillet of fish was ten times better at heathrow.
On our first night at about 5 pm there was a stack of half eaten food outside the next room - which was still there at 3 oclock the following day - hardly ideal as we saw monkeys going through the bins and temeratures were in the low thirties
The staff had a very selective grasp of english (fair enough at a 20 pound a night b and b) but this hotel charges uk prices and should provide a comparable experience to a european hotel.
When the tide is out the hotel is actually set on a mud beach not sand so you cant use it, also generally the area in the immediate vicinity was pretty dirty and unkempt (i realise that this isnt the fault of the hotel)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa Set sail on a traditional long tail boat and putter through the calm turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea to the exotic and secluded Railay Bay. Sheltered by magnificent limestone cliffs and protected mangrove forest Bhu Nga Thani Resort & Spa is a hidden paradise where tranquillity and solitude awaits. This is just the beginning of an exceptional journey to an unforgettable place where romantics and families alike can relax, rejuvenate and feel free. The beautiful colonial style rooms and villas are furnished to delight with special features like private pools, outdoor showers and oversized sunken bathtubs. Relax by the seafront swimming pool, dine at the elegant restaurant, let your cares drift away at the pampering spa and take a scenic tour of Railay Bay to discover the pristine white sand beach, world class rock climbing and spectacular temple cave all within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bhu Nga Thani Hotel Railay Beach
- Bhu Nga Thani Resort And Spa Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand