We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Upon arrival we were greeted by two thai ladies working in reception. They were brilliant. Gave us two glasses of lemon juice which was amazing considering i dont normally like lemon juice. Once we got sorted one of the ladies showed us our room. She carried by backpack to the room. God help her it was heavy!
The hotel room was amazing at the start. The bathtub was amazing. never seen one so big. Once we got settled we went to the hotel resturant. Beware of the prices as it looks cheap until you read the fine print which states you need to add on 17percent for service charge and tax. The food is incredible. I am a fussy eater when it comes to places holiday. The scallop rolls are amazing. The starters were huge. They treat you like kings and queens the service they give you.
Railay is a very quiet place. There is not much to do on the island. There is a few places to eat and about 4 shops. The beaches are lovely. Although the beach facing the hotel isnt much of a beach. Your best going to the other beaches.
The lagoon is up a very steep hill which will get you stinking and its all overed in clay and a very hard hill to climb.
There is a hotel on the island called railay sea resort which has lovely food.
Walking street isnt great, the service is terrible.
Def would come back to this hotel again but would bring more money. Railay itself is expensive but its worth it.
Massages in the hotel are expensive. Staff are lovely and the breakfast is average. Its your normal thai breakfast....eggs, bacon, ham,chicken sausage,salad, rice, noodles, pancakes, hash browns/potatoes, watermelon, pineapple, yoghurts, cereals etc.
The one thing that was annoying was having to get a long tail boat to railay as no cars are on the railay bit. It costs 1,000baht if its just the two of you. You need about 10 people. Waiting on 10 people could take awhile. When we arrived to get a boat we had to walk out into the water up to our waists to get into the boat and the same to get out. I would recommend wearing your swimwear as it took 3 days for our shorts to dry out. It doesnt state on the website about the long tail boat.
The hotel offered room service which was great. Bed sheets were changed daily and fresh water, toiletries and towels were replenished daily.
My opinion was this hotel was a bit overpriced as the closer you looked you could see the downfalls like the toilet roll holder was hanging off the wall and the sliding doors from the bathroom to the bedroom didnt close properly. But even though these were minor things i would def stay in the hotel again as the staff are brilliant and the foods great.
We are planning on coming back to this hotel next june! Just not in the rainy season as the island is a bit crap when it rains
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa Set sail on a traditional long tail boat and putter through the calm turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea to the exotic and secluded Railay Bay. Sheltered by magnificent limestone cliffs and protected mangrove forest Bhu Nga Thani Resort & Spa is a hidden paradise where tranquillity and solitude awaits. This is just the beginning of an exceptional journey to an unforgettable place where romantics and families alike can relax, rejuvenate and feel free. The beautiful colonial style rooms and villas are furnished to delight with special features like private pools, outdoor showers and oversized sunken bathtubs. Relax by the seafront swimming pool, dine at the elegant restaurant, let your cares drift away at the pampering spa and take a scenic tour of Railay Bay to discover the pristine white sand beach, world class rock climbing and spectacular temple cave all within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bhu Nga Thani Hotel Railay Beach
- Bhu Nga Thani Resort And Spa Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand