“Just adored it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Armoy
Limepark Arts Center & Cottages
Cork, Ireland
“Just adored it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2007

Seeing all the positive reviews I felt I must also commend Melanie on Limepark. I travelled there with my boyfriend last December for my birthday and found it just to be a gorgous place. The cottage (don't remember which one I was in) was just lovely, I don't know where to begin! The bedroom was downstairs with a little door leading out to the lawn and it was gorgous, fab furniture in a country style/ gothic way! Upstairs was unreal, the must lovely sitting room with a log fire! Their were also books and DVDs available to use during our stay along with a pool table! Even though it rained (and I mean lashed! My boyfriend went to the shop and I though he'd never get back as the weather was so bad), being in Limepark was like being in your own little world! Loved it!!!

• Liked — Just loved it all!!
  • Disliked — Nothing!!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank salutkitty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hampshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2007

We've just returned from spending a week in the Little Pig's House at Lime Park cottages and we can honestly say it's the best cottage we've ever stayed in and Melanie is so helpful and welcoming.
I chose it firstly because they would let us take our dog but as we were booking quite late she only had the studio cottage left. It's a converted farm building ( all the cottages are) with a hand built kitchen, lovely living area and a 'settle bed' which was very special. It also has a big bathroom with walk in shower. There is a sweet garden which you share with one other cottage- but we never saw the other people, so had it to ourselves.

The renovation has made brilliant use of space and has all been done so tastefully and uses all the best materials.

I would definitely recommend the Pig's house for a couple and I'm sure all the other cottages will be of the same standard.

• Liked — The fabulous quality of the conversion
  • Disliked — Liked everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank CarolCh
MelanieLimepark, owner at Limepark Arts Center & Cottages, responded to this review, August 21, 2007
Thank-you very much for your very kind compliments and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your holiday.
Reviews like this really help our business.
Melanie
Louisburg, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2007

We visited Northern Ireland for six days in May and two of our nights were spent at a lovely self catering cottage near Armoy. The Limepark cottages are beautifully restored buildings from a former farm turned into 5 star cottages. This was our favorite stay of our entire trip and the owners could not have been more helpful or friendly. We stayed in a cottage that had a beautiful well outfitted kitchen, T.V. and DVD player, power shower and a lovely tub to soak in. The decorating is tasteful and suits the surroundings. There is free internet provided in the game room. There are several different cottages, with different arrangements for sleeping. Some are one bedroom and some can accommodate a large family. You feel like you are staying in a small village. The location is peaceful and quite but still close to the sites of Northern Ireland such as the Giant Causeway, the Glens of Antrim, etc. Ballycastle is a few miles away and it is a lovely town with friendly people, an outstanding bakery, several restaurants, grocery store, and nice shopping.

I highly recommend this part of the country and if you are lucky enough to stay at Limepark, you won't soon forget it. I want to go back already.

3 Thank rjhawk54
MelanieLimepark, owner at Limepark Arts Center & Cottages, responded to this review, August 26, 2007
Many thanks for your comments
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armoy
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
#3 of 16 in Ballymoney
Gardenvale Bed & Breakfast
Gardenvale Bed & Breakfast
#14 of 16 in Ballymoney

Been to Limepark Arts Center & Cottages? Share your experiences!