“Fabulous !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Armoy
Limepark Arts Center & Cottages
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing place! Booked a midweek break for my hubby's 50th -could not have asked for a more idyllic place to stay - very central for all the Antrim glens and coastline has to offer! The accommodation itself was first class the renovations to these buildings is perfect with underfloor heating in the bathroom!! Absolutely loved our stay here and was great for our Labrador Ozzy, who also made friends with the resident pooches! We will definitely return if only to see how the function room is coming along! Thank you for making a special week perfect!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Ozzy72
There are newer reviews for Limepark Arts Center & Cottages

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were lucky enough to bring our doggie here which is a huge bonus to start with! We stayed for 3 nights, back in early February 2013, we received a warm welcome and the family were very nice. We had been looking for a self-catering cottage where we could bring the dog and were delighted to find Limepark. The place looks lovely on the website and it certainly lived up to our expectations. We picked Blacksmith’s Cottage which cost £190 for the three nights (including the £10 supplement for the dog). Positives included the character features inside, the amount of space we had in the bedroom and in the huge living room, the constant heat from the under floor heating and the incredibly comfortable bed with good quality linens. We cooked on 2 nights out of 3 and had plenty of amenities to do so. The table in the kitchen was tiny but there was a larger table in the living room area. There was free Wi-Fi which was fantastic and we used it a great deal during our stay. There were plenty of board games in the cottage and a Freeview TV with ample channel options as well as a library of DVDs to borrow from and a library of books.

The cottage was fairly handy for exploring the North West Coast, the beauty of which, in the bleak mid-winter was mesmerising. We were able to walk the dog on deserted beaches at Portballintrae and Whitepark Bay as well as explore Portrush, Portstewart and beautiful Ballycastle which is my favourite. I also have to recommend a Morton’s fish takeaway if you are staying at Limepark – it’s a real treat, and quality is second to none. Limepark for us was a much needed getaway and although we are from N.Ireland, we like to explore what we have on our own doorstep and the location of the cottage allowed us to do so while providing a haven to get away from normal everyday life.

Some of my niggles are listed below. I will say that I highly recommend Limepark and we would love to stay again so readers may wish to ignore my ‘hard to please’ comments!

In our cottage, the bathroom and kitchen could both be a bit larger. There was no light outside the door of our cottage so getting in and out at dark proved somewhat difficult. Another small issue was the steep steps inside. There were ok to go up, but it was important to take care coming back down again. I wouldn’t recommend our cottage for anyone with mobility issues for this reason.

The first basket of firewood and peat for the open fire were provided but they had to be purchased thereafter which was a shame. We managed to make 2 fires out of what we were given but we didn’t have a fire on our 3rd and final night which was unfortunate but at £190, we didn’t want to have to spend more money. Thankfully we were cosy but the fire creates a nice atmosphere and is a novelty for those of us who don’t have the pleasure of one at home.

It was unfortunate that we had made our plans for a check-out time of 11am because after we had the car loaded up and were ready to go, the owner told us we could stay as long as we wished on check-out day. It would have been lovely to hear this a day in advance. Finally just a note to say I found it difficult to get hold of the owner to book and my credit card details were provided a few days before I received confirmation of a booking (which made me panic slightly at the time – I considered cancelling the card in case I had handed my details to the wrong person!).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TAmember13
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I Love Limepark! The photos did not do the cottages justice! They are gorge! And so clean and the owners are really lovely and helpful.Our jack russell Iggy had such a ball on the grounds, we have been twice and are planning our third trip. It's heaven!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carmel S
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed in the Long Barn for 4 nights in January for my 40th birthday. What a treat!. The renovated barn was everything we could have asked for. It had real charm and a great sense of space.We loved the facilities and the feel of the other cottages. The grounds were beautiful and our Lab Finn particularly enjoyed them. Our hosts were very accommodating and we loved the Christmas tree, lights and decorations. A big thank you and we hope to return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dottymum
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a great 2 night stay in the Blacksmiths Cottage at Limepark. The cottage is very cosy and clean with a lovely open fire upstairs, and has been beautifully restored. If you like to eat out try O'Connors pub in nearby Ballycastle, terrific food and great value for money. Overall our stay was enjoyable, comfortable and far too short!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank toots011
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I spent a week in Limepark. The owners treated us like family and we were truly sad to leave. The facilities were renovated from an 18th Century land grant and the property retains the flavor of that period. Stone paths and walls interspersed with brick work and beautiful grounds. We shared a courtyard with one other room and enjoyed the quiet and solitude of the area. The locals were very friendly to visitors and shared much of the areas history with us. We chose to use public transportation throughout our stay and found. It's a short walk into town and buses run regularly. This gave us the opportunity to meet a lot of people we would other wise would not have met. I can't thank the owners enough for their helpfulness, warmth, and appropriate levels of interactions. We were so rested at the end of our visit we truly did not want to come home. Since we live in Hawaii, that's saying a lot.

Room Tip: Even the smallest room, Little Pigs, provided ample room for the two of us. The remodel was well tho...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Curtis C
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

My husband,our two dogs and I have returned from our break in Limepark.We stayed in the "little pigs house".It was perfect for us.Very cosy,beautifully restored,full of character and yet had all the mod cons one needed for an escape to the country.Melanie the owner was very helpful and welcoming.We had a few issues with the underfloor heating when we arrived. it was very mild and a little too cosy at first but she sorted it out for us and made sure we were happy.
The facilities are also very good, the games room is great for a rainy day and there is a DVD collection you can borrow from.We had an enclosed garden off the apartment which was great for our dogs.We will definitely stay at Limepark again.A perfect base for exploring beautiful Northern Ireland.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank nicib
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armoy
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#2 of 5 in Coleraine
The Hedges Hotel
The Hedges Hotel
#4 of 16 in Ballymoney

Been to Limepark Arts Center & Cottages? Share your experiences!