We have stayed in Limepark on four occasions now and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience each time - which may explain why we keep going back!
We have stayed in the Blacksmith's Cottage, Ned's Loft and twice in the Little Pig's House. Each of the cottages is decorated in its own particular style and to a high standard. The original stone walls are exposed and it appears that the owners have tried - successfully - to preserve the unique characteristics of each of the old buildings. The cottages are a wonderful blend of the old - the stone walls for example - and the new - fabulous bathrooms, kitchens and DVD players - and we always feel very comfortable and very much at home when we stay. In fact, we perhaps feel a little too much at home as once or twice we have skipped plans to go out and about exploring the local countryside and have just settled down in front of a huge log fire to relax and enjoy a nice bottle of wine! Another favourite aspect is the underfloor heating - it is fab when it is cold and wet outside and it's such a lovely surprise to get out of bed on a chilly morning, step on the stone floors and find that they are warm underfoot - bliss!
We have found Melanie (Limepark's owner) to be a wonderful hostess - always on hand to assist, but never crowding her guests. The location is quite handy for visiting sights such as the Giant's Causeway, the Bushmills Distillery and the rugged North Antrim coast and lovely beaches, whilst still being relatively handy for shopping in towns such as Coleraine and Ballymena.
If you are looking for a break in the country in accommodation which is just that little bit different and where you can take things at your own pace, we would thoroughly recommend Limepark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 5* Historic Self-catering Cottages, Wilde art gallery and studio's nestled between the famous north coast and beautiful glens of Antrim.Facilities Include:-6 Luxury Cottages-Wedding Venue-Corporate & Events Venue-Free parking-Free Wifi or Ethernet connection -Gym-Games Room (Pool, Snooker & Table Tennis)-Grass Tennis Court-DVD rental-Access to Fishing Rods *limited amount-Access to Bikes *limited amount-Croquet Lawn-Borrow a BBQ ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Limepark Arts Center & Cottages Hotel Armoy
- Limepark Arts Center And Cottages
- Limepark Arts Center & Cottages Armoy, Northern Ireland - County Antrim